Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One new account policy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One new account policy

I have a QS1 and platinum (rebuilder cards) that were opened 16 months ago and a Kohls card that was opened late February. Does this disqualify me from opening a new CapOne card or is it just their bank cards?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One new account policy

I don't know from experience but I'm sure you can have both a Venture and a Quicksilver.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty sure she's asking about the 6 month time frame.

I don't know for sure either.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, sorry. I'm referring to the new account every 6 months.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The co-branded cards don't count as far as I know.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Bad News:  Cap One doesn't allow new cards within 6 months of opening a card with them (which you know), and Kohl's is a Cap one co-branded card (which may or may not count, I have no idea)

The Good News: If Cap One rejects you for an internal reason, they do so BEFORE THEY PULL YOUR CREDIT - so this means that if you want to apply, you should feel safe that you won't waste a HP for this reason

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The co branded cards count. I was denied a Venture because I had " recently opened an account" and the only one I had opened was a PlayStation back in late April.
Message 7 of 9
creditguy
Valued Contributor

I doubt the kohls card will count as its a store card, but even if it does, your not too far away from the six month mark, so why not just sit back and bide your time until then and save a possible wasted triple pull.
Message 8 of 9
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Kohls does not count.. I got a QS, then Kohls 48 days later

@creditguy wrote:
I doubt the kohls card will count as its a store card, but even if it does, your not too far away from the six month mark, so why not just sit back and bide your time until then and save a possible wasted triple pull.

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.