Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One nightmare continues!

tag
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

Capital One nightmare continues!

I posted before how when Capital One embedded chip on my card, they sent me quicksilver one card. That's despite that my quicksilver one was upgraded to quicksilver last year, and i was carrying the (non-chipped) quicksilver card. Despite numerous calls to CS and multiple requests, I kept getting only QS1 chipped cards!

Finally reached out to EO. And they say that my account is QS1 and I was never upgraded to QS! What? have I been dreaming my card? Also, it turns out my account is eligible for upgrade to QS. so...upgrading for second time to QS. they're shipping the new chipped QS card in 7-10 biz days.

will see if I finally get what I've been promised.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One nightmare continues!

@go_FICO_self wrote:

I posted before how when Capital One embedded chip on my card, they sent me quicksilver one card. That's despite that my quicksilver one was upgraded to quicksilver last year, and i was carrying the (non-chipped) quicksilver card. Despite numerous calls to CS and multiple requests, I kept getting only QS1 chipped cards!

Finally reached out to EO. And they say that my account is QS1 and I was never upgraded to QS! What? have I been dreaming my card? Also, it turns out my account is eligible for upgrade to QS. so...upgrading for second time to QS. they're shipping the new chipped QS card in 7-10 biz days.

Good luck.  They certainly can do some strange things at times.  Tell them that a double upgrade should equal a higher CL :-)

Message 2 of 19
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@go_FICO_self wrote:

Good luck.  They certainly can do some strange things at times.  Tell them that a double upgrade should equal a higher CL :-)

haha, I wish! but it was funny...at some point the EO rep said: then it must be you upgraded from QS to QS1. I was like Mugatu: "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@go_FICO_self wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@go_FICO_self wrote:

haha, I wish! but it was funny...at some point the EO rep said: then it must be you upgraded from QS to QS1. I was like Mugatu: "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"

I understand.  My one and only time I chatted with one of their CSRs was an exercise in futility.  I finally gave up out of frustration.

Message 4 of 19
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

Quick update to the situation: was able to upgrade to quicksilver (again!) and the new card arrived, and it says "quicksilver" on it, instead of "quicksilver one". but the mastercard logo on the bottom corner is back to yellow/gold color. i kinda miss the silver color logo of the old quicksilver (non-chipped) card.

my question: does anyone here have chip-version of quicksilver world mastercard, where the mastercard logo is silver? Thanks a lot!

Message 5 of 19
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@go_FICO_self wrote:

Quick update to the situation: was able to upgrade to quicksilver (again!) and the new card arrived, and it says "quicksilver" on it, instead of "quicksilver one". but the mastercard logo on the bottom corner is back to yellow/gold color. i kinda miss the silver color logo of the old quicksilver (non-chipped) card.

my question: does anyone here have chip-version of quicksilver world mastercard, where the mastercard logo is silver? Thanks a lot!

yep, see my sig

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have it.

In my wallet: Venture 15k; Barclay Ring 12.5k; Discover 10k; CareCredit 7.7k; Amazon Store Card 5k. QS 5k; BofA Travel Rewards 3.5k; BofA Travel Rewards 3.5k; BofA Platinum Visa 2k; Barclay Apple Rewards 2k. Total Credit: 66,200. 7/2-FICO: EQ - 788; TU - 777; EX - 690; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800 across the board. Inquiries: EQ: 7 TU: 7; EX 7; Chapter 13 seven years May, 2015. Reset my garden date to 6/27. Gardening until further notice.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cal- wrote:

@go_FICO_self wrote:

yep, see my sig

Very NICE!  I def want one!  Congrats on both of those!  DC looks awesome too!  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 19
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

@-Cal- wrote:

@go_FICO_self wrote:

yep, see my sig

your sig shows the non-chipped version. I had that too! before they put the chip on the card and started the whole fiasco. is yours currently chipped or non-chipped?

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I have it.

In my wallet: Venture 15k; Barclay Ring 12.5k; Discover 10k; CareCredit 7.7k; Amazon Store Card 5k. QS 5k; BofA Travel Rewards 3.5k; BofA Travel Rewards 3.5k; BofA Platinum Visa 2k; Barclay Apple Rewards 2k. Total Credit: 66,200. 7/2-FICO: EQ - 788; TU - 777; EX - 690; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800 across the board. Inquiries: EQ: 7 TU: 7; EX 7; Chapter 13 seven years May, 2015. Reset my garden date to 6/27. Gardening until further notice.

is it the chip or non-chip version?

Message 9 of 19
taxi818
Super Contributor

@go_FICO_self wrote:

Yes. I have that.   Why?  Also copy in siggy. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.