Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One report date???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One report date???

Do they have a specific date they report each month?  I recently paid the balance of this card down to $0.  I still use the card monthly for purchases and pay the balance off.  But my latest CR shows the $2000 that I used even though I paid it off well before the due date.  I just want to catch the right date each month so that I can have it reporting 5%-9% and maximize my scores.  

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One report date???

It reports on the statement date.  Usually 3-4 days after the due date on your payment. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome!  Thanks for the info!

Message 3 of 11
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

The trick to this success is to make sure that you pay before your due date, of course, but you cannot begin to make new purchases for a few days until you've passed your statement end date.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

.,?!!! Well which one is it the statement day OR payment day!?

Message 5 of 11
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
.,?!!! Well which one is it the statement day OR payment day!?

It reports right after the statement closing date. 

Message 6 of 11
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Actually, mine is a little different.

For me, my due date is 13th of every month. My new statement starts at the 17th. Capital One reports to CRAs at the 20th.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I researched my past reports/statements and it looks like for me it reports on the statement date.  I can see the balance and the statement on the 8th (for me) match up exactly for the past few days.  That will help me for when we lock in our interest rates on our mortgage next month.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 11
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

My due date is the 23rd of the month and the new statement prints on the 26th.  Should I wait to pull my credit report after the 26th?  Thanks!

myFICO starting TU 683 8/26/11
myFICO starting EQ 645 8/26/11
myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 9 of 11
john398
Senior Contributor

@mamahearts wrote:

My due date is the 23rd of the month and the new statement prints on the 26th.  Should I wait to pull my credit report after the 26th?  Thanks!

Wait til atleast the 29th takes a few days for the CRA to update

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.