M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital One response to coronavirus

So Far Received from NFCU and BBVA  .. As Simplynoir stated, more to follow

Message 11 of 19
Medic981
Valued Contributor

I think FIs are trying to get ahead of COVID-19 knowing that we are all in it for the long term. COVID-19 I believe will be the catalyst for the economic downturn that everyone has been concerned about for the past year.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 12 of 19
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Medic981 wrote:

I think FIs are trying to get ahead of COVID-19 knowing that we are all in it for the long term. COVID-19 I believe will be the catalyst for the economic downturn that everyone has been concerned about for the past year.

COVID-19, the upcoming elections in the US, the strife just getting spun up over the world's oil supplies will all be contributing factors. 

(5/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 13 of 19
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Shake Shack sent me an email

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I woke up this morning to 8 emails on this subject, 12 counting the 4 I got yesterday. So I think I'm covered for typical "we're here for you" BS.

I can understand if it were an actual disaster that impared someone's living conditions such as earthquake, tsunami, hurricane etc. 

Message 15 of 19
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Almost every one of my banks and lenders have sent me an email along with Delta and southwest. Currently, waiting to see what amex has to say.

Here you go...

Dear Pawn,

"In these uncertain times, I wanted to reach out to you personally about what we are doing here at American Express to support you and your credit needs. As the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we are doing everything we can to ensure you are as clueless about your credit standing with us as you were before.  We may, in light of the economic turmoil, close your accounts alltogether. But we won't tell you or notify you. We find it best for you to find out at the POS kiosks. Then once confirmed, we will send you a notice. 

Also, please place your American Express cards in a separate pocket. Our cards are special and would like them protected from this COVID-19 pandemic. We value you as a customer (cough). 

American Express. "

Message 16 of 19
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@adelphi_sky wrote:

Almost every one of my banks and lenders have sent me an email along with Delta and southwest. Currently, waiting to see what amex has to say.

Here you go...

Dear Pawn,

"In these uncertain times, I wanted to reach out to you personally about what we are doing here at American Express to support you and your credit needs. As the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we are doing everything we can to ensure you are as clueless about your credit standing with us as you were before.  We may, in light of the economic turmoil, close your accounts alltogether. But we won't tell you or notify you. We find it best for you to find out at the POS kiosks. Then once confirmed, we will send you a notice. 

Also, please place your American Express cards in a separate pocket. Our cards are special and would like them protected from this COVID-19 pandemic. We value you as a customer (cough). 

American Express. "

You, sir/ma'am, win the webz today.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@adelphi_sky wrote:

Here you go...

Dear Pawn,

American Express. 

admendment1:

While you are relaxing at home, wondering if you have the flu or corona virus. Please  complete this 4506-T.

Your friends at Amex.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man, if Amex waived AFs this month... the Gold card is due this coming month... 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.