cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One shutting down Journey credit tracker (powered by CK)

tag
colinstu
Regular Contributor

Capital One shutting down Journey credit tracker (powered by CK)

The second I saw C1 having their own free credit score feature for all their cards, I knew they were probably going to stop providing the CK one too... and sure enough it's being killed off on 6/30/14. 

Then again, not really losing anything of value here Smiley Tongue Their new score is "powered by TU" ... not sure if it's a FICO or a FAKO, the score for me is currently the same as my CK FAKO. 

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DevotionToU
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One shutting down Journey credit tracker (powered by CK)

It's a FAKO, as it doesn't say FICO anywhere. 

$18000 Discover IT / $6000 Chase Freedom / $5000 DCU Visa / $3900 Fifth Third / $2500 Capital One Quicksilver / $2000 AMEX Blue Cash Everyday / $500 Chase Slate
Message 2 of 3
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One shutting down Journey credit tracker (powered by CK)

@colinstu wrote:

The second I saw C1 having their own free credit score feature for all their cards, I knew they were probably going to stop providing the CK one too... and sure enough it's being killed off on 6/30/14. 

Then again, not really losing anything of value here Smiley Tongue Their new score is "powered by TU" ... not sure if it's a FICO or a FAKO, the score for me is currently the same as my CK FAKO. 

Wait... do you mean Capital One used to provide CK for free, or do you mean CK itself is going away? 

For what it's worth, I haven't found the C1 one very useful. It's worth the monthly fee of course Smiley Happy But only updating monthly, and not even catching all of the credit alerts that the other services do, it's not so great for me. 

CK on the other hand, while it is fako, looks more useful and apparently will update weekly. 

And on the odd side, they're both more accurate (at least this month) than I had expected, compared to actual FICO scores. 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.