cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One supposed late payment

Established Contributor

Capital One supposed late payment

So I was just informed by Capital One, as I was trying to get them to increase my CL, that I had a missed payment in April. If I had a late payment wouldn't I have had received an alert from myFico? How long do they take to fall off of my report?Smiley SurprisedSmiley Sad

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES
Established Member

Re: Capital One supposed late payment

Was it 30 days late? If not it shouldn't be reported. Probably why you didn't get an alert.
Sorry cant do paragraphs. Posting from an iPad, for some reason the return key doesn't work on Myfico forums.
Message 2 of 11
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One supposed late payment


drudown wrote:
Was it 30 days late? If not it shouldn't be reported. Probably why you didn't get an alert.


+1.   Unless you paid 30 days late ( i.e. one month after the due date ) then you should not incur a 30~day late notation on your credit reports.    However Cap1 can still ding you for it, either with fees, increased interest rates, etc....

 

The odds of getting a CLI with Cap1 are a longshot anyway, so it's not like they would have given you an increase even without the late pay... Smiley Wink

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 11
Contributor

Re: Capital One supposed late payment

I had the same thing happen to me and I just called customer service and asked if they could remove it and they did.



Starting Score: 532
Current Score: EQ08 702, TU08 710, EX08 701Goal Score: 760

NASA, $30,000/ Wells Fargo $20,000 / Venture $7,500 / JCP $6,000 / Ch Freedom $5,000 / Ch Sapphire $5,000 / Discover $5,000 / Walmart $4,500 / VS $2,150 / AMEX BCE $2,000/ Chase SW $2,000 / Merrick $1,900 / Credit One $1,450 Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 11
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One supposed late payment


pizzadude wrote:


+1.   Unless you paid 30 days late ( i.e. one month after the due date ) then you should not incur a 30~day late notation on your credit reports.    However Cap1 can still ding you for it, either with fees, increased interest rates, etc....

 

The odds of getting a CLI with Cap1 are a longshot anyway, so it's not like they would have given you an increase even without the late pay... Smiley Wink



LOL I know, I get on from time to time just to see if I can make one of them do anything. The scary thing, though, is after a chat was concluded one day, I actually had the "Peggy" I was talking to request me on Facebook Smiley Surprised  

 

Can you say "VIOLATION OF COMPANY POLICY!"

Message 5 of 11
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One supposed late payment


logan_720 wrote:

pizzadude wrote:


+1.   Unless you paid 30 days late ( i.e. one month after the due date ) then you should not incur a 30~day late notation on your credit reports.    However Cap1 can still ding you for it, either with fees, increased interest rates, etc....

 

The odds of getting a CLI with Cap1 are a longshot anyway, so it's not like they would have given you an increase even without the late pay... Smiley Wink



LOL I know, I get on from time to time just to see if I can make one of them do anything. The scary thing, though, is after a chat was concluded one day, I actually had the "Peggy" I was talking to request me on Facebook Smiley Surprised  

 

Can you say "VIOLATION OF COMPANY POLICY!"


wow maybe she wanted a date

Message 6 of 11
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One supposed late payment


john398 wrote:
wow maybe she wanted a date


Or a serial killer stalking her next victm. Alec Baldwin could play the pudgy cop in the film who always gets his man and donut.

06/13/2018: FICO 821 EQ 814 TU 808 EX
Message 7 of 11
Valued Member

Re: Capital One supposed late payment

Capital One reported a 30 day late several months back for me as well.  My due date is the 4th of the month and I had paid my bill on the 28th of the prior month.  The payment showed on my bank statement and on my Capital One statement.  I talked to a CSR and it was removed within a couple days.

 

 

My Wallet: Capital One $673, Barclay's Apple $2k, Amex TrueEarnings Costco $6k, Chase Freedom $5k, Discover More $15k
Message 8 of 11
Valued Member

Re: Capital One supposed late payment

Capital One reported, in error, a 30 day late several months back for me as well.  

 

My due date is the 4th of the month and I had paid my bill on the 28th of the prior month.  The payment showed on my bank statement and on my Capital One statement.  I talked to a CSR and it was removed within a couple days.

 

 

My Wallet: Capital One $673, Barclay's Apple $2k, Amex TrueEarnings Costco $6k, Chase Freedom $5k, Discover More $15k
Message 9 of 11
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One supposed late payment


logan_720 wrote:

pizzadude wrote:


+1.   Unless you paid 30 days late ( i.e. one month after the due date ) then you should not incur a 30~day late notation on your credit reports.    However Cap1 can still ding you for it, either with fees, increased interest rates, etc....

 

The odds of getting a CLI with Cap1 are a longshot anyway, so it's not like they would have given you an increase even without the late pay... Smiley Wink



LOL I know, I get on from time to time just to see if I can make one of them do anything. The scary thing, though, is after a chat was concluded one day, I actually had the "Peggy" I was talking to request me on Facebook Smiley Surprised  

 

Can you say "VIOLATION OF COMPANY POLICY!"


Wow! Talk about "big brother watching"!!!

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 10 of 11