Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One upgrade link, email

tag
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

Capital One upgrade link, email

Hey can anyone tell me where to find the email for cap one or the upgrade link? The one often given on here just takes me straight to the sign in page. After signing in, straight to my account page with no option to upgrade or CLI, or anything like that.

Also once your out of credit steps, can you ask for a CLI right then (after they auto cli you) or do you have to wait 6 months. Are the CLI and upgrade request a HP?

Do cards in credit steps ever increase beyond 1k? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One upgrade link, email

They will give increases at a slow pace. If you get auto CLI... no DD. Yes, you will have to wait 6 months for CLI.

The link works. Try incognito, or a different browser. I did it on Chrome to check.  https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade

Message 2 of 6
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

Thank you! This worked incognito in chrome. 

I take it this card will still be bucketed and never go above $500 though even with a clean report and high scores? :/

Message 3 of 6
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Bees18 wrote:

I take it this card will still be bucketed and never go above $500 though even with a clean report and high scores? :/

It will be bucketed, but YMMV. I left off that a CLI is only an SP.

Message 4 of 6
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

You had to request a CLI before credit steps was done. The credit steps increase is a CLI which means you have to wait 180 days to request a new one.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bees18 wrote:

YMMV, but not necessarily so. I started with a credit steps card  November 2017 that increased automatically via "steps" to $750 after 5 statements/months.  I asked for $1500 increase today (approximate 1 year anniversary with Cap One) and it was granted. So my total limit went from $500--> $2250 (it could POSSIBLY have gone higher but because I thought I was in a low limit bucket I didn't ask for more than double what I already had). I've even read on here about people who have gone significantly higher on a steps card. They just don't grow FAST like some other cards, but I think for some they will grow. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.