Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One - upgrade to Venture

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One - upgrade to Venture

I currently have two cards with Capital One, Ventureone and Quicksilverone. I have been eyeing the Venture for quite a while but would rather save myself the three hard pulls.

Will CapOne allow upgrades to the venture or do I need to just bite the bullet and go for it? If so, what would the qualifications be to be able to upgrade?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One - upgrade to Venture

Try their upgrade link and see if your cards are qualified for an upgrade

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know where the upgrade link can be found? I don't see it in the app.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 12
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

I always wondered why CapOne made that link such a secret. There should be a link/tab on every account showing you when one is eligible for upgrades or promotions of any kind.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 5 of 12
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I currently have two cards with Capital One, Ventureone and Quicksilverone. I have been eyeing the Venture for quite a while but would rather save myself the three hard pulls.

Will CapOne allow upgrades to the venture or do I need to just bite the bullet and go for it? If so, what would the qualifications be to be able to upgrade?

If you want the Venture, why not go for any other 2% cashback card?  The Venture is a 2% card that only redeems for travel (with an annual fee).  The Double Cash, PayPal Cashback, Blispay, the PenFed Power Cash (if you have the PenFed checking account) are all 2% that you can redeem for statement credits unrestricted.

Message 6 of 12
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

The Venture tends to be approved with a relatively high limit. PenFed may rival that, but Citi and Blispay are unlikely to even come close. I have no clue about PayPal.

The downsides to the Venture are the annual fee and the triple-pull. But there'll be no more hard pulls after the card is approved. $11,800 in annual spending will make up for the fee when compared to a 1.5% reward card. That may or may not be a factor, depending on your plans for using the card.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. I was told by someone that Capone usually does not approve for two cards within a 6 month period. Is that true in your experience?
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would you want to product change to Venture?   The card has a big sign up bonus that you would miss out on. Just apply for the card if you want it.

Message 9 of 12
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Yeah the signup bonus is really the only reason to get this card.  Otherwise it's just a 2% cash back card with limited redemption options and an annual fee.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.