tag
mauve
Valued Contributor

Capital One wants to know how they're doing

Please tell us how we’re doing
We’d love your feedback

Re: Account ending in XXXX

Customer,

Thank you for choosing Capital One® for your credit card needs.

Recently we invited you to complete a survey about your experience with Capital One. If you have already completed the survey, thank you and please disregard this e-mail.

If not, we invite you to complete the online survey today.

Your input helps us to continually provide great customer service to all of our customers. Thank you for choosing Capital One.

Begin Survey

Important Information from Capital One

Contact Us | Privacy | Help Prevent Fraud

I had written a letter to the CEO telling him exactly how I feel (I appreciate you giving me credit when I had none / it's embarrassing how high my credit score is now while my CL with Capital One remains so low / I resent the really high APR / the low credit limit keeps me from using the card as much as I would otherwise / now that I am more credit-worthy I would qualify for your other cards but I don't want to take the penalty of opening a new one / Capital One should allow product changes when you get past the rebuilding phase OR consider back-dating like AMEX does, etc).

I also filled out this survey with these thoughts the FIRST time they sent it to me.  Anyone else want to share their opinions?  Apparently writing directly to the CEO (I got a letter back from someone in his office that re-iterated that "credit limit increases are not available for this account at this time" - which is a vague and annoying response) isn't sufficient for giving Capital One your opinion.  I'm honestly keeping it open for three reasons: 1) no annual fee, so it's no skin off my nose.  2) oldest card (yes, I know I'd keep the history for 10 years) and 3) no fee for international use - I live pretty close to Canadia, so this CAN come in handy and I *can* stay under my $500 CL when I do use it there usually.  That is, when you can find somewhere in Canadia that takes VISA.  Visa - everywhere you want to be.  Except most of Canada.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Capital One wants to know how they're doing

I love consumer surveys, even if they're never looked at, or they only exist because someone wanted to pad his resume, or whatever. Venting keeps me from exploding.

Mostly, anyway.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
mauve
Valued Contributor

Yeah....it would be funny if the survey had more of an effect than the letter to the CEO.

Message 3 of 5
daylove
Regular Contributor

@mauve wrote:

Yeah....it would be funny if the survey had more of an effect than the letter to the CEO.

It is useless to write to executives since the letters are opened by their assistants and never ever reach their desks.

Message 4 of 5
mauve
Valued Contributor

Never underestimate the power of the assistant. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.