Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One won't budge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One won't budge

@Anonymous wrote:

Don’t even bother with Cap. Go get the PayPal Cashback (not the Extras) card. 2% vs 1.5%, no AF, no FTF, and it’s Synchrony so it will grow. 

I had no idea about the existence of the PP Cashback card. Sounds pretty good when compared side by side to the QS1.

I've had good experiences with Synchrony. They started my Amazon Store card with a $2,000 line of credit, and recently bumped it up to $2,500. Plus I like their website much better. Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

What is your CL on the BOA and Amazon?

I have been approved for several Cap One cards in the past that I was not prequaled for.

Obviously, you are bucketed on the platinum.

Chances are you would qualify for a QS with no AF.

$9,500 on the BoA and $2500 on the Amazon.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Don’t even bother with Cap. Go get the PayPal Cashback (not the Extras) card. 2% vs 1.5%, no AF, no FTF, and it’s Synchrony so it will grow. 

I had no idea about the existence of the PP Cashback card. Sounds pretty good when compared side by side to the QS1.

I've had good experiences with Synchrony. They started my Amazon Store card with a $2,000 line of credit, and recently bumped it up to $2,500. Plus I like their website much better. Smiley Very Happy

I like it. The only thing I don’t like is it has no transaction notifications unless you use it through PayPal and have notifications on there but I have gotten used to it and you have to log in to PayPal to manage the card - there’s no direct site like my Amazon Store Card has. They gave me a $8K SL which was my largest since my rebuild started and best of all it was 1 HP on TU, not one on each bureau. 

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, go for the PP 2% Mastercard. Great card and they give steady CLIs as well! Plus you're already in with Synchrony via Amazon, which should help.

Message 14 of 17
jwa77
Contributor

Why do you have to apply for a new product --why can't you just get better rates/higher limits automatically when your score increases? I have a cap1 QS card that started as a Plat. I've had it for 3 years, it gets paid every month on time and I use it up to about 15 percent of its limit MAX every other month or sometimes longer (it's not my daily driver). They refuse to give me more credit ..claiming I dont use it enough ...i mean..??

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

gdale it is obvious that your profile needs work and the FICO Scores need to improve! Smiley Surprised  

At one time due to bank mergers etc I ended up with eight personal and business cards from Cap1. Capital One would not increase my Cap1 Platinum step personal card beyond $750. Sooo ... I accepted Cap1 for helping me to restart my credit and then closed all eight credit cards in one five minute telephone call and never looked back (my business cards did have $6K and $10.6K along with 7.9% apr on purchases so, I know they could see beyond the fence)!

Message 16 of 17
calyx
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! We think you’ll like this pre-qualified card offer(s).

QS1 Rewards, 1.5% cashback and a $39 annual fee. Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

These people are a hard nut to crack! I'm thinking about letting my Platinum fall into disuse and take my business somewhere else. I don't even care if they close my account for lack of utilization.

My Ficos in my siggy are current and I get prequal for a Platinum at 26.99%, needless to say Im done with cap-1. Have a card with them that transferred from Orchard Bank, its stuck at 2450 and I dont care, its SD now until they close it for non use, its also my oldest open card and I dont care about that either anymore.

My FICOs are lower than yours, but I've been banking with them for >10years and I get -0- prequalified offers  Smiley LOL

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.