Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One

tag
Juan123
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One

i agree, when the call center reps were outsourced it went downhill with a lot of misinformation... as far as i've been told, capital one is planning on buying HSBC card and mortage portfolio's..... so you may have a few more capital one cards to deal with.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 31 of 67
john398
Senior Contributor

@Juan123 wrote:

when they said it depends, it's because the new kohls card which capital one also acquired won't be apart of that 2 limit, if you already have 2 and are merged into capital one because of a purchase then you wouldn't count.

ok  is Kohls the only store card they offer that isnt a master card or visa?

Message 32 of 67
clocktick
Valued Contributor

As stated, I have never (recently) heard of more than 2 unless one is not a personal card - Best Buy, Sony, another store card, etc.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Message 33 of 67
mzniko
Valued Member

Re: ead in the Re: Capital One

HSBC also sold their auto loan division as well.. I think it was to santander... i think!!

@JMN wrote:

@Timberlynn69 wrote:

Wow I must have had my head in the dirt - I did not know HSBC is being bought out by Cap One! 

HSBC isn't being purchased by Capital One...

HSBC is simply selling their U.S. credit card portfolio to Capital One. 

And I have ZERO Crapital One cards, thankfully. However, if my $9,000 HSBC Platinum MasterCard is being sold to Crapital One... well, I still won't have one. I'd close it before doing business with Crapital One.

Message 34 of 67
Juan123
Established Contributor

no, soon the bestbuy card also. BB offers a normal store card and the mastercard. both will be capital one's and BB also offers a chase card which will remain chase..

i believe that's it unless orchard offers store cards.

Long way to go ^_^
Message 35 of 67
casmith1980
Established Contributor

@Juan123 wrote:

no, soon the bestbuy card also. BB offers a normal store card and the mastercard. both will be capital one's and BB also offers a chase card which will remain chase..

i believe that's it unless orchard offers store cards.

FWIW, Chase discontinued their "relationship" with BB.  All Chase BB cards are no longer usable (per letter received from Chase on DHs account)

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 36 of 67
Laura2323
New Contributor

I have three personal Capital One cards - a Mastercard ($3,600.00 limit) and two Visas (both $500.00 limits - one is a rewards card (No Hassle) and the other is a platinum.

Message 37 of 67
Juan123
Established Contributor

i did not know that about chase and BB. so i guess all BB cards are now capital one

Long way to go ^_^
Message 38 of 67
teenastie
Established Contributor

@mzniko wrote:

HSBC also sold their auto loan division as well.. I think it was to santander... i think!!

CORRECT! From Bad to Worse- Prompted immediate refi!!!

Message 39 of 67
SenorDragon
Valued Member

Had one, looking to apply for the Green Cash card soon. Anyone by chance know which CRA they pull from when applying?

Message 40 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.