Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital Ones Last Chance

tag
Involus
Regular Contributor

Capital Ones Last Chance

Well, Capital One was where I got my start and I'm pretty much fed up with them. I've been with them for 2 years and 6 months and over this time I have requested something like 5 CLIs from them and have always been given the speal they always give.

Last week I called the EO and spoke to a less than enthuisastic rep who again, gave me the 'we are reviewing our policies' crap they always do.

So now I've gone to the final option - I've emailed the CEO and am waiting response from the EO. If they refuse to do anything to retain my business I'm just going to cut the card up and let it report until they close it as I have no AF I am beyond fed up with this company and while greatful for them helping start building credit, I'm done.

Stay tuned for the show. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
toppers555
Established Contributor

Re: Capital Ones Last Chance

good luck , but don't hold your breathe, EX office occasionally is helpful, but most of time it a waste.  I justed closed 4 cards with them. The last two hsbc cards will be closed next year. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 2 of 42
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah, Ive had no luck with calling the EO.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 42
Involus
Regular Contributor

Yeah I think all the EO luv was used and abused up. I'm not expecting a miracle - like I said if they don't come through I'm just gonna cut my Crap One cards up, including my new Best Buy store card and just let them report until closed by C1.

Message 4 of 42
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Hope for the best, Keep us posted!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 42
Involus
Regular Contributor

Well I just recieved a call from the EO about 20 minutes ago and guess who it was calling me? The same EO rep who I spoke to last week who fed me their whole BS spiel. So she said I needed to answer some questions asked what CL I want and if I would accept partial if not approved and I said 5k and I would accept partial but not less than $2500. She said they will do a manual review it will be a SP and she will personally call me within 72 hours with the result.

I think it's funny how last week she said there was nothing that could be done and now all of a sudden since I emailed the CEO they want to be helpful.. You would think they would start doing HPs to discourage people from this method but oh well. Hopefully good news will be had by Friday.

Message 6 of 42
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Just wondering what your current limit is with them?

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 7 of 42
Involus
Regular Contributor

$750 I want to get as much out of them as possible which is why I requested such a jump.

Message 8 of 42
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Hahaa... Ive called but not emailed... Idk if that's too much effort. My C1 has been stuck at a $1300cl for over four years! Grrr. It is my LOWEST
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 42
Involus
Regular Contributor

It seems like the only way to get a response is to email the CEO directly only then do they attempt to help you.

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.