Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one AA

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital one AA

For what it is worth just checked EQ credit report the one the mainly use and last SP was on 2/28/17 being AR from them.. Going to check TU now as well... So guessing this has to do with useage, just speculation.  Been over a month though since last AR which I find strange.

Edit: TU does show an account review 3/26/2017 so this could possibly be it, although doubtful, but possible.

Message 11 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear it, CC. During the Great Recession, Citibank reduced my limit on Dividend from $10,800 to $8,200. The letter indicated that "we have noticed that you are not using your full credit line, therefore, effective Februry 10, 2010 your new credit will be $8,200."  Nevermind that I never used my Citibank Visa or then ATT&T Universal cards-they weren't touched, only the Dividend which I used regularly. Point being, these banks can be psycho seemingly for no reason. 

I am still waiting to see if Discover starts to claw back these ridiculous credit lines that they have been handing out lately. 

Message 12 of 155
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear it, CC. During the Great Recession, Citibank reduced my limit on Dividend from $10,800 to $8,200. The letter indicated that "we have noticed that you are not using your full credit line, therefore, effective Februry 10, 2010 your new credit will be $8,200."  Nevermind that I never used my Citibank Visa or then ATT&T Universal cards-they weren't touched, only the Dividend which I used regularly. Point being, these banks can be psycho seemingly for no reason. 

I am still waiting to see if Discover starts to claw back these ridiculous credit lines that they have been handing out lately. 

I agree... Wondering if I am the first on the tip of the iceberg for Cap1 as others have higher limits than me probably with similar usage and other high limit CC's as well or if I am an isolated incident.  I speculate it was due to useage and other high CL's which many of us do have.  I won't know until the letter arrives though. They could of completlty closed the card, but just did a CLD to a round 10k which tend to make me believe I had an excessive CL with them in their eyes and thus they scaled it back.

Message 13 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Quicksilver has stayed stagnant at 3.6k i hardly use it except for places where 1.5 beats the rest of my cards that offer higher cash back for purchases
Message 14 of 155
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Capital One?! Of all lenders this would've been my last guess... they do seem to be getting tighter with their lending criteria..

The 2% door is open for you at Penfed OP! Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 155
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditplz wrote:
Capital One?! Of all lenders this would've been my last guess... they do seem to be getting tighter with their lending criteria..

The 2% door is open for you at Penfed OP! Smiley Happy

Yes I am considering this as an option today.. Have the promise at 30k currently.. Open up the 2% card with them since they are my primary bank then roll over my Promise limit to this card making it my new highest limit card...  Penfed promise is currently now my newest highest CL card followed by Amex ED at 28k...  Just making sure I think things over before reacting to make sure I make the right choice..  I want a decent APR as well, not just 2% as I have 2% cards being Blispay and Fidelity.  I just want to have a lender that is more reliable and "CU's" typically fit this bill.

Message 16 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's possible that this may be part of an overall sea change with Capital One, as a number of myfico members have reported stalled CLI's lately.

It still would make better financial sense for lenders to not take such action when your profile and utilization are solid.
Message 17 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditCuriousity wrote:

..  Just making sure I think things over before reacting to make sure I make the right choice..  

+1 CC

Message 18 of 155
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Wow... I didn't see this coming.  Smiley Frustrated

Thanks for sharing with us here (I know it's not nearly as fun to share the lousy stuff as it is the good stuff).

Luckily you already have far superior options, so in the end the joke is on them.  Smiley Wink  (FWIW it still sucks, though...)

Message 19 of 155
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@UncleB wrote:

Wow... I didn't see this coming.  Smiley Frustrated

Thanks for sharing with us here (I know it's not nearly as fun to share the lousy stuff as it is the good stuff).

Luckily you already have far superior options, so in the end the joke is on them.  Smiley Wink  (FWIW it still sucks, though...)

Thanks UncleB.. Ya no fun, but it is what it is and hopefully no more future AA from this... I don't see that happening though as it was just what I think was a CLD to a very reasonable CL of 10k, but of course I took a bit of offense to that and chose my option of closing the card out and one less lender to deal with and quite honestly I was only keeping that card around for a possible BT back and forth card, but that kinda became useless with the slashed limit..  

The new Penfed card is a very viable candiate right now.

Message 20 of 155
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.