Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one Buy Power card mailer

tag
someg33k
Established Contributor

Re: Capital one Buy Power card mailer

I have gotten a bunch of those from Cap1 and ripped them all up. Waited until I was prequalified for Venture and QS instead.

IMO that card is crap.

Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one Buy Power card mailer

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wouldn't touch this card. You're locked into GM and forced to buy new. If you don't, the points are worthless. There are other places I'd rather go for the rewards. 

It is a card thats branded for a particular brand... Same with store cards. Of course your interested in that brand if your'e thinking of Applying. I wouldn't apply for the AA card from Citi if I fly United would I? or if I use Hotwire or etc?

The issue is that people tend to buy a car much less frequently than they buy plane tickets. The average person probably only buys a car every 5-10 years. During that time period, brands can change dramatically. So can the needs of the card holder. Points can also be devalued or the user could be limited in how many points can go towards the vehicle. I just see it as too long to be wed to a brand in order to get your rewards. True, those things can happen with any branded card, those other cards make it easier to use your points.

Additionally, there was a thread about a week back where the poster wanted to buy a used GM vehicle, but was unaware that these points couldn't be used for that.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.