Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one CLI Denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one CLI Denial

This is the message I got and I am completely perplexed:

You recently requested a credit line increase for your Capital One ® account. Unfortunately, your
account isn't eligible right now. We know this isn't the answer you were hoping for and we want to
help you understand why:
· Credit bureau information is missing or unavailable
· Your average monthly payment has been too low
In case you need a little more clarity, we've included some additional information on a separate page.

Now I requested an increase 2 days ago and before that was 6 months ago and the reasons for my denial at that time were a late payment (4 days late), low usage, and late payment within 9 months.  I have paid more than the minimum and I have used both of my cap 1 cards heavily. I feel as though they had no money to give out to raise the limits and had to tell me something so they gave me what I consider a load of BS.  Any suggestions as to what to do?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital one CLI Denial

The late payment with Capital One could be the main reason for the denial.  They do not like to see any late payments when considering one for a CLI.  It specifically state on their website that late payments and low useage could cause a denial for a CLI.  They will review your account within a year after the late payment is there.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 5
SayHey
Established Member

Well they didn't run out of money for CLI's.  Your scores, a late payment, and the quoted reason of not big enough payments could all be reasons.  Even paying above the minimum might not be what they are looking for if you are carrying a substantial balance.  Don't know that there is a lot to do except contact the EO if you want, or wait and make a request later on with better history.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The late payment occurred in March of 2014 and they are correct that I was not using the cards that much so I started using them heavily and paying more than the minimum every month so there is no late issue unless there time frame is longer than a year.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SayHey wrote:

Well they didn't run out of money for CLI's.  Your scores, a late payment, and the quoted reason of not big enough payments could all be reasons.  Even paying above the minimum might not be what they are looking for if you are carrying a substantial balance.  Don't know that there is a lot to do except contact the EO if you want, or wait and make a request later on with better history.

I did reach out to them on Facebook and they told me to adjust my income as I was combining my income and my wifes so I just changed it to mine. When I ran it again I got the same results, 2-3 day message.  I informed them of that and they said if the outcome is the same to let them know and they will see what they can do.  Time frame for a response was 20-30 min on facebook.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.