Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one PC to Quicksilver card via Facebook

tag
Thammer
New Contributor

Capital one PC to Quicksilver card via Facebook

Hey since I've read other stories here recently about people getting a PC to the new Quicksilver card I figured I'd give it a shot. I had read that others have used Facebook and Twitter to get somebody from the EO to contact them and it worked for me too!

I might also ad, I got a Capital One Green Cash rewads back in June and maybe put $150 throug it since then. I have only made one payment on it(paying entire balance).

Earlier this morning I send a message via Facebook about doing a PC from this card to the new Quicksilver card and within minutes had a response from a rep asking for my full name and zipcode as well as a good phone number and time to contact me. I sent the info in and got a response back that they'd call me between 2pm-6pm today.

Well about 4pm I got a call from a lady at the EO and she said congratulations you're eligible to change to the new Quicksilver card. It was quick and painless and after just a few mintues confirming my identity and confirming that I indeed wanted to change cards she said I'd be getting my new card in 7-10 days and my current points would transfer over to the new card. I will keep the same card number too.

So for everybody wondering, it seems their social media contacts are able to get it done. I'd asked multiple times on the online chat tool on the Capital One website and phoned the number on my card and was always told I couldn't upgrade because I hadn't had the card long enough. Turns out I was eligible through Facebook!

Give it a try!

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital one PC to Quicksilver card via Facebook

Congrats, I basicly had the same experence as far as upgrading, they are nice folks

Message 2 of 22
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Congrats! I did the same thing a little over a week ago. I have yet to hear about someone getting denied the PC through Facebook. I actually just went through Facebook on Friday night for a CLI, I will let you know how it goes. 

Message 3 of 22
Thammer
New Contributor

Awesome I'm glad to hear so many other success stories. For all the bad rap they get they've really been coming through lately via the various social media sites. The one thing I couldn't do was get a CLI because I hadn't had the original card fro 6 months yet. I was honestly just happy enough with the PC. With the Quicksilver card 1.5% cashback it will likely become my 2nd go to card for purchases that my Chase Freedom isn't getting 5% for depending on the quarter.

Message 4 of 22
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Thammer wrote:

Hey since I've read other stories here recently about people getting a PC to the new Quicksilver card I figured I'd give it a shot. I had read that others have used Facebook and Twitter to get somebody from the EO to contact them and it worked for me too!

I might also ad, I got a Capital One Green Cash rewads back in June and maybe put $150 throug it since then. I have only made one payment on it(paying entire balance).

Earlier this morning I send a message via Facebook about doing a PC from this card to the new Quicksilver card and within minutes had a response from a rep asking for my full name and zipcode as well as a good phone number and time to contact me. I sent the info in and got a response back that they'd call me between 2pm-6pm today.

Well about 4pm I got a call from a lady at the EO and she said congratulations you're eligible to change to the new Quicksilver card. It was quick and painless and after just a few mintues confirming my identity and confirming that I indeed wanted to change cards she said I'd be getting my new card in 7-10 days and my current points would transfer over to the new card. I will keep the same card number too.

So for everybody wondering, it seems their social media contacts are able to get it done. I'd asked multiple times on the online chat tool on the Capital One website and phoned the number on my card and was always told I couldn't upgrade because I hadn't had the card long enough. Turns out I was eligible through Facebook!

Give it a try!

I PC'd myself last week an just got the card in the mail yesterday, slick looking card!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 22
SoonerMagic1
Established Member

I got denied on the facebook pc to Quicksilver on both my Cap1 cards.  They said since I already have the 1.5% cash rewards they couldn't convert it to Quicksilver.  I think that's BS but not too disappointed.  A week or so before the EO had given me a substantial CLI, 1.5% rewards, and credits in the amount of the annual fees so guess I'll just try again in a few months.

Message 6 of 22
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

that is cool BUT if you PC you lose your anniversary bonus, from the green cash rewards card, no?

Message 7 of 22
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

that is cool BUT if you PC you lose your anniversary bonus, from the green cash rewards card, no?

I PC'ed mine to QS on Friday through FB and yesterday I had my accrued 50% rewards ready to credit my account (my anniv date is this Oct.  So you don't lose it, they just transfer what you have so far over to your account immediately.  

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 8 of 22
dta
New Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

Congrats! I did the same thing a little over a week ago. I have yet to hear about someone getting denied the PC through Facebook. I actually just went through Facebook on Friday night for a CLI, I will let you know how it goes. 

Was just denied a QS PC on the phone after asking through facebook. "No offer currently on your account."

Freedom | BofA CR | Amex BCE | NFCU CR | CSP | Fidelity Amex | Citi AA Plat | Discover it | Amex PRG | US Airways Prem | SW RR Plus | Delta Gold | Citi Double Cash | WF Propel 360 | Chase BA
Message 9 of 22
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

I wonder if after I have made my first five monthly payments on time will they also do this for me. You can certainly learn a lot on these forums.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.