Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one PC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one PC

I have the craptacular rebuilder but eventually want to get a rewards card. Once the rest of my report updates by the 21st I should be in the 650-660- range across the board. Do I have a chance at doing a PC, or is it better to expect a parakeet to fly outta my butt?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Capital one PC

It is most definitely a possibility, I PCd my plat card to cash rewards after having it for 2 weeks, but you're probably more likely to have the parakeet story come true. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

And what are the magic words to get it done? The...ahem...non Americans.....I always end up talking to have no idea what I'm talking about or tell me it isn't possible.

Message 3 of 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I did it via "Chat Now" right above the account list when you log in. 

I asked if there was any chance in the future my card could be eligible to get rewards (I didn't expect it to happen right then since the account was so new) and the person transferred me to an account manager or something and they just did it right there. 

Although from what I've learned I think I may have been given one of their non-rebuilder cards judging by my high starting CL, but on the other hand I did get the credit steps program. So I really don't know. 

Edit: Asked a CSR, they said my card is an "Average" card Smiley Tongue 

Message 4 of 7
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Your odds are better with the lottery Smiley LOL

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 5 of 7
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

CAP 1 is sooooo sneaky! They have "Credit Step" cards mostly and don't even tell you until you try to get a CLI....

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 6 of 7
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

They provide a letter about, but its not easy to find on there on-line system. It used to be a big selling point of the card, it was one of the reason I joined, and back then it was two steps not just one. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.