cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one Secured card credit limit increase

tag
Dwalker92

Capital one Secured card credit limit increase

First time posting on this site but figured I could get some info or advice. I applied for capital one secured card and approved/opened on 09/09/2022. I just hit my 6th statement and I was under the impression that if you made your first 6 payments ontime they increased your limit. 

When I try to apply for a CLI, it denies it saying the type of account I have doesnt allow unsecured CLI. 

I called C1 today and she told me the routinely review for increases. But im not understanding bc their site says after the 6th payment.

Has anyone else with this card gotten a CLI after their 6th payment?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
sznthescore
Established Contributor

Re: Capital one Secured card credit limit increase

Did your 6th statement cut yet?

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+
Message 2 of 12
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Dwalker92 wrote:

First time posting on this site but figured I could get some info or advice. I applied for capital one secured card and approved/opened on 09/09/2022. I just hit my 6th statement and I was under the impression that if you made your first 6 payments ontime they increased your limit. 

When I try to apply for a CLI, it denies it saying the type of account I have doesnt allow unsecured CLI. 

I called C1 today and she told me the routinely review for increases. But im not understanding bc their site says after the 6th payment.

Has anyone else with this card gotten a CLI after their 6th payment?

Where in the site did you see that the CLI is like guaranteed? Because when I look up the secured card on their website, all I see is 

Automatic Credit Line Reviews

Be automatically considered for a higher credit line in as little as 6 months.

https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/platinum-secured/ 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 12
captainsensation
Regular Contributor

They dont guarantee that. I fell for that same thing. It can take over 2 years so youll have to be patient. It really depends on how much use you are putting on the card from what ive been seeing. 

AMEX Delta SkyMiles Blue Card: 10K, AMEX Bread Cash Back: 12k, PenFed PCR: 17.5K, PenFed Gold: 10K, FNBO: 5.6K, CapOne Venture: 6.1K. Chase Amazon: 3K, Gamestop 3k, Best Egg, 2.5K, GM Rewards 2K, Apple Card 2.8K, Tomo 1K, American Express 19.5K (AU), Ally 1.8K AMEX BCP 3K, Lowe's: 10K
Message 4 of 12
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Welcome @Dwalker92.  Keep at it. 

The 6 month time passage is not a guarantee factor as @captainsensation noted for CLI - it is a part for consideration.

Message 5 of 12
Dwalker92

Oh great. And I spend up to my limit and then pay it off multiple times per month. I put at least $700 a month on it. 

Message 6 of 12
Dwalker92

it did . I have 6 september through march. Unless they dont count the first month since it was shorter. But the main reason before the 6th statement I kept getting for denial was " account too new".

Message 7 of 12
Dwalker92

I def did take that as after 6 months i would. I had this card in college as my first and I remeber after 6th month I got one but i guess things have change since then. 

Message 8 of 12
Dwalker92

I appreciate everyone advice and thank you for mentioning me bc I never got an notificationa for any of the other replies. 

Message 9 of 12
Chazzay12
Frequent Contributor

@Dwalker92 wrote:

I appreciate everyone advice and thank you for mentioning me bc I never got an notificationa for any of the other replies. 

@Dwalker92 If you check the box "email me when someone replies" on bottom left you should get one when someone does Smiley Happy 

also, you can click the "quote" button top right will help knowing who you're responding too. 

sounds like you're on the right track tho! Keep waiting it out and hopefully they will unsecure your card too. Also check out other options if your score has increased 

Discover It (Student) $1500 | Capital One QS $2300 | Amex BCE $4800 | Chase FU $3200 | Amex Green NPSL | CSP $4200 | Discover it $3000
Car loan w/ Langley 3.5%
Homeowner since April 2023

Starting Score: 580s
Current Score as of March 2024: EX 661, TU 624, EQ 655
Goal Score: 700+, working on paying high utl cc debt

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.