cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one account combination question

tag
teckadamics

Capital one account combination question

I am preparing to pay offf two Capital One cards. My QS1 (2015) and a QS (2018) card from both have the same limit of $500 however the older QS1 card is showing a high balance of $532 at one point. Would it be better to sacrifice the QS card to combine accounts given the way this is reporting? Not entirely sure here since I know that the QS is considered prime instead of sub-prime on the QS1. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital one account combination question

Welcome to the forums.  High balance doesn't factor into any type of scoring (other than very old scoring models for No Preset Spending Limit cards such as American Express charge cards where no limit is reported, in which case high balance is used as the "limit") and it shouldn't present an issue.  In way of example, I believe the high balance reported on my Amex Blue is around $5,000 yet the limit has only been $500 for a few years because I moved the credit line to another Amex card. Capital One is currently not allowing account combinations, but it may become available again in the future.

Message 2 of 3
teckadamics

Re: Capital one account combination question

Hadn't heard anything on the high balance being a factor so that is good to learn. I was aware the account combination option isn't available right now but decided I will go ahead and do a balance transfer when I get my new NFCU card since the rate is lower. So looking forward to that huge UTI decrease when that NFCU baby reports. Thanks for the info.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.