Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one annual fee Reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one annual fee Reporting

I just got off the phone with capital one in attempt to waive an upcoming annual fee. My concern is capital one annual fee doesnt post until the day the statement closes. I am in the process of closing on a house and DO NOT want this reporting a balance. But the agent told me they cannot waive the fee until it post..

anyone have any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one annual fee Reporting

How about making a payment in the amount of the AF, which will bring your account negative in the amount of the AF.  If it hits, your account will come up to $0 and report $0.  If it doesn't hit, your account will be negative the AF amount and still report $0 and Cap One will send you a check in the mail for the negative amount.

Message 2 of 6
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How about making a payment in the amount of the AF, which will bring your account negative in the amount of the AF.  If it hits, your account will come up to $0 and report $0.  If it doesn't hit, your account will be negative the AF amount and still report $0 and Cap One will send you a check in the mail for the negative amount.

This is a great idea! 

Alternatively, ask to PC the card to a card with no AF. 

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 3 of 6
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

^^ This.   You may have to push a payment through your bank's bill pay service tho, @Anonymous -- I'm not sure of CapOne's policy for paying over the amount due - they may not allow you to do so from their website but you get around that with a push from an external account. 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys and good call @thornback on the bill pay. Capital one doesn't let you make any payments if you dont have a balance, so I set up the bill pay. We will see what happens.

Message 5 of 6
totallymytravis
New Contributor

Late reply here but if your balance is only $35 its my I understanding that it should not impact your DTI I believe the rule is if the balance can be paid by 2 or 3 min payments it doesn't count Smiley Happy 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.