cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one balance trasfer with no intrest charge.

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Re: eeRe: Capital one balance trasfer with no intrest charge.

Just up date intrest charge on my Ring mastercard was only $1.50 with no Transaction Fee. That is why I used my Ring mastercard was able to get cash into my checking account and take short term loan for so little in intrest charges.

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one balance trasfer with no intrest charge.

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@firefox100 wrote:

How many times did you do a balance transfer before Capital one shut down? I think ther wher other reasons that Capital one shut down your accounts look like you have lot of accounts and large amount of credit lines. How large wher the balance transfer for. By law if credit card company does advers credit action they must give you a reason for the action taken.

The reason they give you doesn't have to be the actual reason. 

Two people with excellent profiles have now said that they had their accounts shut down after doing this. Capital One isn't known for shutting down accounts, it's certainly something to take notice of. 

I hadn't read the other person's post. I thought I was the only one that had figured out how great these balance transfer offers were Smiley Happy I'd be curious to see that post, any recollection of when and where it was posted?

I've actually been doing this the last couple months.  Haven't been wanting more than I was expecting/planning on reporting from my business venture that's taken longer than expected.  Kinda has me worried now.  Robot Sad

Message 22 of 23
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Capital one balance trasfer with no intrest charge.

I have a QS with a fixed 10.9% APR. It is set with a $212 autopay amount. 
For the last few years, a couple times a year, I transfer about $500 onto the card, from other balances. Then just let the autopay handle it during the next three months. I pay a bit of interest in the middle month, and the card gets activity. Net, I save some interest. 

If I were to attempt this with amounts closer to the $10k limit for a well-timed 50 day period and do this repeatedly I would expect the card to be shut down.  But I'm not interested in abusing the feature. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.