Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one cli cool down

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one cli cool down

Is it 6 statements or 180 days exactly, I have one of those balance transfer offers with 0% I could use but I don't want to do it before a CLI, my last CLI was June 15th 2016
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one cli cool down

@Anonymous wrote:
Is it 6 statements or 180 days exactly, I have one of those balance transfer offers with 0% I could use but I don't want to do it before a CLI, my last CLI was June 15th 2016

So hit the button. What is it your asking?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

With Capital One - They're soft pulls and won't negatively impact you in anway, no clocks being reset, no inquiries added, etc...  Hit the button and see what happens.  I generally wait 6 statements before I hit the button.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I hit the button in December and it said there have been recent changes blah blah blah so I figured they must keep a clock more exacting then 6 general months
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just hit it every few weeks until they budge.

However, recently they are saying I haven't been using the card enough so perhaps my days of CapitalOne CLIs are at an end as I have no functional reason to use it anymore.

Message 5 of 10
brother7
Established Contributor

I would wait a couple of days past the 6 month mark to allow enough time for any internal updates at Cap One to occur.

Your last CLI was 6/15. Six months later would be 12/15. So a few days after 12/15 should be fine.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I hit the button in December and it said there have been recent changes blah blah blah so I figured they must keep a clock more exacting then 6 general months

On your card, did you do any card combines? If not usually it's 6 months but if you're right at the timing, they will let a few days slide. But if you did any combos, the clock usually starts from the date of the combo.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just hit it every few weeks until they budge.

However, recently they are saying I haven't been using the card enough so perhaps my days of CapitalOne CLIs are at an end as I have no functional reason to use it anymore.

I got the same denial reason a month or so back.  I ended up throwing the card in the SD, so he has seen zero activity since that denial.  Evidently giving them 10-15 swipes a month and $1000 or so doesn't constitute enough use.  I'm going to still hit the button every month with zero use now just for the fun of it and will find it highly amusing if I end up getting a CLI at some point.  

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I get the time I'm gonna see if I can count the number of days and hit the button on 181 days, if that fail I'll just hit it again on the friday after the 15th, my statement cuts on the 13th thats why I must have done it on the 15th last time.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually think there is something glitchy happening with Cap 1 CLIs right now. I'm 192 days past my PC & last CLI and keep getting the denial message of "there has recently been a credit line change."

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.