Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one combination issues

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one combination issues

Hey guys, so last night I paid off the venture, no pending charges. The account has been well past 6 months and both accounts are in good standing. This morning I tried to Combine my venture with qs and got the not eligible prompt. I called In and they told me my account was in gold standing it's nothing you're doing wrong on your part. They said there are other factors besides the main ones that are stated on the not eligible pop up. My question is, what can I do to make this happen, thank you.
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one combination issues

Sorry, I don't have a clue. I combined accounts this morning in less than a minute. Definitely somthing is going on. I am sure forum members will have some ideas on the problem.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 20
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I think Cap 1 should be the one telling us why. it didn't work for me when I tried last Saturday. Called to see what was going on. I was told that someone would look into it. I should receive a call in 3-10 days. One thing that I found was the news on my cards didn't match. One had my middle initial and said Jr at the end. The other didn't. Read that might be a problem so I called back to correct it. I sign try every few days. Just did it again as I was typing this.  I feel like I'm rolling the dice each time I push the button. Of course I received this message -

Sorry! None of your cards are currently eligible for an account combination.

There are several reasons why a card may not be eligible, here are the main ones:

• Card accounts must be in good standing
  • Card accounts must be open for at least 6 months
  • One card account must have a $0 balance and no pending transactions
  • Card accounts must be linked in your online banking profile

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 3 of 20
gibeon
Established Contributor

I spoke to the EO's office about this same problem.

Those few reasons they show on the website when you're denied account combination are apparently just a very few possible reasons in a very long list.

I met all the criteria they DO list, but the EO was unable to help me pinpoint the reasons that aren't listed.

She suggested I keep trying as often as I want until "they" can provide a more thorough/specific list or until it goes through.
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 4 of 20
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

I've tried many times with my card and it always says cards are not eligable. Same BS every time even though my cards have been open over the required amount of time and met the criteria list on the site. I just gave up since they could NEVER tell you a reason why except to keep trying. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 20
gibeon
Established Contributor

Oh!

Also I suspect my combination failure might be because I had my cards replaced recently. So while the accounts are technically old enough, the actual card numbers are only a month or two old...
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a bummer, you would only think capital one would have everything aligned before promoting this feature. I mean, at least give us the exact answers as to what we the members need to fix or improve in order to combine the accounts. I guess I'll be trying just about every other day, like the luv button haha
Message 7 of 20
baller4life
Super Contributor

Just keep clicking it. I can't combine either.
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eventually something will have to give, lol.
Message 9 of 20
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

I think at least one of the cards needs to cut a statement with a $0 balance. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this please, as I'm trying to figure this one out too. So either your venture or QS needs to have a $0 statement balance. Do you currently meet this condition?

I tried testing this last month but both cards cut a statement with single digit interest charges *oops*. Will test this again on the 21st.

And +1 on needing to be more transparent. I don't think it's really a trade secret at risk with this process but who knows
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.