Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one combine cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one combine cards

Hi guys. I have a QS1 card from cap one. It was originally platinum secured started at $200 limit. Went to 500. 750. Then 1250. I believe it had graduated about 6-8 months ago. I have tried CLI and nothing every time. Gives a couple of bogus reasons as to why it gets declined.

My ficos are roughly 670-690 (looked them up recently)

I went to the prequal page and had a few cards come up. QS1-Venture and one other. Thinking of applying for a card to combine the balances onto the new one. I know that the closed card would stay on my profile for some years so that the other will grow.

Any inputs as I have heard those graduates cards most likely will not grow?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital one combine cards

@Anonymouswrote:
Hi guys. I have a QS1 card from cap one. It was originally platinum secured started at $200 limit. Went to 500. 750. Then 1250. I believe it had graduated about 6-8 months ago. I have tried CLI and nothing every time. Gives a couple of bogus reasons as to why it gets declined.

I went to the prequal page and had a few cards come up. QS1-Venture and one other. Thinking of applying for a card to combine the balances onto the new one. I know that the closed card would stay on my profile for some years so that the other will grow.

I combined my 3 personal accounts into 1 account, and my 2 business accounts into 1 account.

Then Capital One closed them both down, for reasons unknown.

So I don't recommend using their lovely combination tool.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 5
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I am curious to see replies. I have a QS1 card sitting at 750 I should get an auto increase after statement closes this month. I also have a platinum that just went from 300 to 500. I am also thinking about combining them after the auto CLI hits  then down the road apply for another card.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 5
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Interesting, I may rethink combining them?

@SouthJamaicawrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

I combined my 3 personal accounts into 1 account, and my 2 business accounts into 1 account.

So I don't recommend using their lovely combination tool.

@SouthJamaicawrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

So I don't recommend using their lovely combination tool

Wow I may rethink my combo planSmiley Sad

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a QS1, got a plat that I coverted to a QS and rolled the QS1’s CL into the QS so I could get rid of my annual fee (they wouldn’t convert the QS1). Worked for me, it was a few months ago.

I haven’t gotten to 6 months since I combined them so I can’t speak to CLIs after combination (since a combination counts as a CLI the next opportunity is 6 months after).
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.