Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one max total exposure?

tag
Hex
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital one max total exposure?

Thanks BBS that’s a good idea except I was hoping for the sub and because I need to use the low limit Cap1 card for general spend for about a week each month in order to do AZEO. Most of my other cards have really close reporting dates. Both of my other Cap1 cards report on the 15th. I’ve had problems with PenFed reporting in a timely manner too so I only use it once a month and pay it off early in the cycle. I guess I could shuffle some due dates but I’ve got a pattern now and that’s a lot of work. I guess I’ll just keep checking the prequal.
Message 11 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Hex wrote:
Thanks BBS that’s a good idea except I was hoping for the sub and because I need to use the low limit Cap1 card for general spend for about a week each month in order to do AZEO. Most of my other cards have really close reporting dates. Both of my other Cap1 cards report on the 15th. I’ve had problems with PenFed reporting in a timely manner too so I only use it once a month and pay it off early in the cycle. I guess I could shuffle some due dates but I’ve got a pattern now and that’s a lot of work. I guess I’ll just keep checking the prequal.

Sounds to me like AZEO overkill!  Do you really need to optimize score every month....

Message 12 of 21
Hex
Valued Contributor

No but it makes me happy. Smiley Happy
I filed BK7 on 04/28/16 and my FICO’s are
TU 8 724
EQ 8 701
Ex 8 719
TU 9 742
EQ 9 751
EX 9 728
Mort
TU 702
EQ 667
Ex 658
I’m hoping to for some sort of post BK record I guess. Not that I’ll know if I break one. My scores were better last month but I did a few apps and got a couple cards. My mortgage scores really suck....
Anyway AZEO keeps them higher and that helps get more accounts which over time will make them higher still. That’s why I do what I do. It’s my new silly hobby I guess. Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 21
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

@Hex wrote:
...Anyway AZEO keeps them higher and that helps get more accounts which over time will make them higher still. That’s why I do what I do. It’s my new silly hobby I guess. Smiley Happy

I love this.  Score chess... everyone's silly hobby 'round these parts.  Smiley Wink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 14 of 21
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I have 80k unsecured and 35k secured and just prequal for my choice of card.

That would put me over $100k unsecured and close to $150k secured with car loan.

They must have a pretty high exposure limit.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 15 of 21
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I didn't know the minimum SL was 5k for the savor.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did a quick search and found a couple of Savor approvals @ $3k

Message 17 of 21
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

A Whopping 2700 between 3 cards

QS1 opened in 1/16 @SL 500, now 900

Platinum, now QS opened @500, now 850

GM WEMC(Smiley Indifferent), opened 9/16 now 750

I use them for small one off's purchases now and online shopping. I use my 10 and 15K limit Navy cards for daily use(along with disco and AMEX).

@Hex
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dalmus wrote:

I've been contemplating rolling my QS into my Venture, but I'm leery of crossing the $20K barrier because I know I won't "use" it and I don't want the CLD that might result!

I'm somewhat nervous about letting my now-combined Quicksilver Visa go over $20K too (it's currently $16k following the merger with the next available CLI date being at the end of December or early January), even though I use it fairly actively and I'm planning to do some BT's to concentrate my card payments onto fewer, lower-interest cards including the QS.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

My overall exposure with Cap1 is just over $20k, while my revolving exposure to everyone is just over $147k.  I started with a Cap One Platinum, PC to QS, then PC that to Savor.  Its probably why my limit refuses to go much higher, but I really don't want to get rid of that account since I've had it for 5+ years.  My other accounts with them are a QS and a Venture.  I combined the Venture into the QS, so currently only have  2 accounts with them. 

If you want to check for PC offers, go here:  https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade

PCs with Capital One are treated as though you are just changing the rewards structure, so it does not reset CLIs or any other similar clocks.  They spell it out pretty clearly on the page, basically noting your limit, APR, and other factors remain the same, just what you get as a reward or a change to annual fee is what will change, if applicable.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.