Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one online chat!

tag
compassion101
Established Contributor

Re: Capital one online chat!

@traveler2005 wrote:
I have hit the button to upgrade to quicksilver several times but to no avail. 

Where is this button?

Message 21 of 25
traveler2005
Established Contributor

log on to your account, then go to accounts, then click on "modify your features" then click on first button "your Features"   it will then tell you if your account can be upgraded.

However in my case it said there were no upgrades for me, that is when I went on to the on line chat and asked a CSR and both my accounts were upgraded.

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 22 of 25
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@LearningMoreAboutCredit wrote:

Well, CapOne has shown some luv to cardholders recently so perhaps they are reevaluating accounts and some are pleasantly surprised with the outcome.  My guess is that the EO has been overwhelmed with requests that the frontline CSR's have no ability to grant such requests like waiving AF's and CLI's.  All my success has been through EO and as that may annoy some that is fine by me...nothing ventured, nothing gained.

However, any HSBC product that has been converted (and I know you don't have one, just a datapoint) seems to not be eligible for PCing to QS but can be converted to QS1 (my observation and experience).  So since you have a credit steps card, with good use and payment history it is possible to get CLI's.  When you contact EO, request that your limit is at least $3k as that is the minimum limit of a QS card (not QS1) if your limits are below that threshold.  It worked for me but YEMV.

Again, congrats on the PC!

I have an old HSBC card and it was converted to a Quicksilver without an AF!  I also got a CLI on it after the conversion!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 23 of 25
compassion101
Established Contributor

Interesting. So I have 2 accounts with Capone and the smaller one $1500 cl) is eligible but it says the other (5k cl) is not.

Message 24 of 25
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@MojaveMoon wrote:

When Capital One's website says you are eligible to be upgraded to the Quicksilver, how do you know if you will be upgraded to the QS platinum mastercard or the QS world mastercard ?

If you currently have a Platinum version of the card, then it will PC to a Platinum version of the QS.  Conversely, if you currently have either a Visa Signature or WMC, then once PC'd, it will convert to the corresponding QS Visa Signature or WMC.

Thank you for your help ! Prior to your reply, I had tried to get an answer from Capital One. The reply that I received was that the representative misunderstood and thought I was inquiring about applying for a new financial product and informed me I needed to call Capital One for further assistance with the application.

Is there any downside to accepting the invitation to add the Quicksilver rewards ? The only concern that I have is that I'll lose the current offer for a balance transfer and that in the future either I'll lose any future BT offers or I will receive fewer BT offers.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.