cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one product change from Quicksilver one to savor one?

tag
Dyerseve336

Capital one product change from Quicksilver one to savor one?

Got the Quicksilver one a few months ago. It's ok, there are better cards, but ultimately I would probably want a product change at some point, keep the credit line open with no extra hard inquiry but get something better then 1.5% cash back with a 39 annual fee. Now that the Uber card has changed so much it's barely worth it, looks like the next best for restaurants and bars is the savor. My credit score has been solidly around 690. Always pay on time and in full on 4 cards. Got a few medical collections that should fall off in a few yrs that I can't really afford to pay off right now. Wondering if anyone has experience with a product change with capital one, or specifically asking to get the savor or savor one card. Are they easy to do that with or is it better to just take the inquiry in a few years when my credit score is better and more solid and get something else?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
difringe
Established Contributor

Re: Capital one product change from Quicksilver one to savor one?

As far as I'm aware, not only is it tough to get a product change from a QuicksilverOne, but I don't think I've seen a product change to a Savor product.  Have you tried this link to see if you're eligble for a product change - https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd PC that QS1 card to regular QS before that annual fee hits. I did a PC from Plat to QS 1.5 years ago just by calling them. Regarding PC to any Savor product, it will be close to impossible or impossible. Called them 3x this month and will try again January and February.
Message 3 of 6
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I would PC to QuickSilver first if SavorOne is not available.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 4 of 6
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@difringe wrote:

As far as I'm aware, not only is it tough to get a product change from a QuicksilverOne, but I don't think I've seen a product change to a Savor product.  Have you tried this link to see if you're eligble for a product change - https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade

Ha! I tried the link and my only card available for upgrade to QS is my Savor.  the 4% restaurant, 3% grocery Savor with no AF due to being grandfathered.  I don't think so.

I have 2 very old QS1 that they refuse to product change.  I've justified keeping it, first for the age and secondly, the cashback will pay for the AF.  But it still kinda ticks me off they keep me in this box.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Trudy wrote:

@difringe wrote:

Ha! I tried the link and my only card available for upgrade to QS is my Savor.  the 4% restaurant, 3% grocery Savor with no AF due to being grandfathered.  I don't think so.

I have 2 very old QS1 that they refuse to product change.  I've justified keeping it, first for the age and secondly, the cashback will pay for the AF.  But it still kinda ticks me off they keep me in this box.

With your scores and age of credit I wouldn't bother keeping them. Better cashback at no annual fee is easy to get.

(Not that you asked for advice)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.