Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one question

Hey everyone. I have a capital one secured CC and I have been perfect with it!!  I got my fico on EQ up to 664, my fako EX is 712 and my TU is around 650. Any chance I can get a unsecured CC from capital one??? And also, do they give decent starting credit? Does it make it easier to get one since my secured CC is spotless??

Thanks everyone!!!!!

Lou

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital one question

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone. I have a capital one secured CC and I have been perfect with it!!  I got my fico on EQ up to 664, my fako EX is 712 and my TU is around 650. Any chance I can get a unsecured CC from capital one??? And also, do they give decent starting credit? Does it make it easier to get one since my secured CC is spotless??

Thanks everyone!!!!!

Lou

How long have you had the secured card?   I suggest a year or more.  I waited until 13th month.  

Try the online prequalifier, it is a good guide. I applied for a card in my prequalifier list.

I got a larger CL than my secured CL.    New card cash back rewards $3K limit.   Secured was $2500 CL .   

They look closely at the seucred card history, it makes a lot of difference.   Thats wait the rep said when I called about closing the secured card. .

Message 2 of 6
john398
Senior Contributor

Go check out the prequalifier and see what it says for Capital One

Message 3 of 6
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

I've always heard your secured card won't ever turn into a regular card. You'll have to apply for a new card. Yes the prequalify tool at capital one website is a neat tool!!!

Starting Score: TU 640, EQ 636, EX 645
Current Score: TU 665, EQ 706, EX ?
Goal Score: All above 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a 662 with Equifax with two BK's and many lates in 05 and 06 from student loans and I got a cash back no hassle rewards for $500 limit

Message 5 of 6
sonson
Regular Contributor

congrats on getting your scores up! i wouldn't doubt you would be approved for a Cap1 unsecured CC. I would either call or apply online to see if your approved. also you've had history with them. go for it!

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.