Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one shot close 2 accounts

tag
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Capital one shot close 2 accounts

Capital one close 2 accounts  of my accounts with no reason I  have perfect credit history 8% utilization 

F489C645-1820-49FE-8D4A-9AB9D6BEB406.jpeg

total of 6k

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one shot close 2 accounts

They don't do things for no reason. Were those accounts inactive for a long time? Have you tried calling customer service?

Message 2 of 14
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

Sorry for your loss. Also, may want to cover the last 4's better. Can still see them.

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 3 of 14
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Just saw  the email because it was not in use for more than 2 years is the reason 

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jccflat wrote:

Just saw  the email because it was not in use for more than 2 years is the reason 

Yeah you need to make sure you're using any card you want to keep with any lender at least once every 6 months. 

Message 5 of 14
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jccflat wrote:

Yeah you need to make sure you're using any card you want to keep with any lender at least once every 6 months. 

I keep a $3 recurring charge on my 13 year old QS. It's worked for roughly 3 years keeping it active and open. Knock on wood.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jccflat wrote:

I keep a $3 recurring charge on my 13 year old QS. It's worked for roughly 3 years keeping it active and open. Knock on wood.

Yeah I leave my $1.99 Hulu on my V1 because I don't want to risk losing that card. It's 4 years older than my next oldest open card. 

Message 7 of 14
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

two years is probably one of the longest in the industry.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

True, I made the mistake in not using my Guitar center card after a year, they canceled. Lost $4k in available credit.

Message 9 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Jccflat  Didn't you post recently about payment issue with cap one? 

Edited to add

Maybe missed payment sounded an alarm or two, especially if those two cards are not used. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.