cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one - should I accept pre approved quicksilver or cold app for venture / Savor

Brian_Earl_Spilner
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Looking for advice - take pre approval for quicksilver or cold app for second card

Didn't notice it mentioned, but I would just upgrade the plat to a QS and Yolo the savor. 

Message 21 of 27
Bs978
New Contributor

Re: Looking for advice - take pre approval for quicksilver or cold app for second card

I Didn't get the answers I was looking for , So I posted again and asked a few other things as well. Big deal. 

Message 22 of 27
Bs978
New Contributor

Thanks a lot , I will defiantly look into those - much appreciated 

Message 23 of 27
Bs978
New Contributor

They are giving her the option to upgrade to quicksilver no AF - that's what she has been thinking of doing and taking a chance on the savor. Just would hate to burn 3 pulls when she's pre approved for the quicksilver by an email they sent her. 

That's why I was wondering , if she apped for the savor and was denied could she then app for the quicksilver on the same hard pulls if she did it in the same day , or at the same time ? Or does Capital one make you burn 3 pulls every single time 

Message 24 of 27
Bs978
New Contributor

Re: Capital one - should I accept pre approved quicksilver or cold app for venture / Savor

That's all very Good advice we will take into consideration  - thank you. There is a offer currently to PC to Quicksilver with No AF so that's a plus. I hate that cap 1 makes you burn 3hard pulls. It's to bad more company's can't be like Amex snd one your in and established with them it's nothing but soft pulls going forward for the most part when apping for new cards. 

At the very least it would be nice to be nice if more company's even took on apples way of doing things , by showing you your approval , limit , apr etc snd offering you to accept or deny it without an inquiry. 

Message 25 of 27
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital one - should I accept pre approved quicksilver or cold app for venture / Savor

Cap1 doesn't reuse anything. It's all computer driven. Seriously, 3 HPs isn't a big deal. It's not like they're pulling all 3 from a single bureau. There are people on here that have approvals with over a hundred inquiries on a single bureau.

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Discover secured card and them using the same hard pull

I would tell her to sit on her hands and let time do its thing.  Work on whatever she can do on her end to raise those scores, whether it's trying to clean up her CR, lower utilization, etc.  She could also attempt to PC the card from Platinum to QS; that's a move I made when my scores were in the mid 600's which gave me a better card without having to app/add a new account.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.