Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one upgrade

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one upgrade

I have a question, how long does it normally take for CapitalOne to upgrade you? I've heard from others that they received upgrades from CapitalOne. Any advice?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital one upgrade

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question, how long does it normally take for CapitalOne to upgrade you? I've heard from others that they received upgrades from CapitalOne. Any advice?

Thanks.

There is no set timeline. 

You can use this link to check https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade 

It will prompt you to log in, and once you do, you'll see if there are any upgrades available 

Calling them and asking works the same way

Good luck 

Message 2 of 21
Grizzly1
Contributor

I tried that link out of curiousity and got,

"Unfortunately, this upgrade is no longer available. This could be for a variety of reasons, including your account going into a default, restricted, closed, or changed status since we initially sent you this offer".

I haven't had any of that happen nor have I recieved any offers. Weird

8/2019: EQ 617, TU 578, EX 628
9/2021: EQ 684, TU 662, EX 671
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to PC using the link from a Cap1 Platinum unsecured to a QS within 3 months. I have not seen other offers to PC since then.

PCs in Cap1 is great for ditching AFs but to get to a higher end card, it’s usually advised to apply for a new account for such cards as the Savor or Venture.
Message 4 of 21
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

Cap1 tells me that the only way I'm getting to a different product from my platinum card is - well - there is no way.  If I want anything else it will be via a new app.

They ain't getting a new app from me...

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 21
cjc6464
New Contributor

I've had a QS1 for about 2years. 100% payment history, no offers available. Credit limit has not changed since account opening. I will give it until my AF is about to hit and if no upgrades available I will botch the card. 

UTL= 5%
Chase Freedom Flex- $700
Navy Federal More Rewards Amex- $8,500
Navy Federal Cash Rewards- $1,000
PenFed Power Cash- $2,500
Macys- $800
Shell Mastercard- $800
Discover- $1,000
USAA Rewards Amex-$6,000
Best Buy-$6,000
AMEX BCP- $1,000
Target Redcard- $300
Navy Federal PLOC- $2,000
Penfed Auto- 4.04%
Discover Student Loan- 27k @ 26K
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cjc6464 wrote:

I've had a QS1 for about 2years. 100% payment history, no offers available. Credit limit has not changed since account opening. I will give it until my AF is about to hit and if no upgrades available I will botch the card. 

The QS1 is a completely different beast. I have only seen a couple people successfully get away from that card. Most likely a call to cancel, but they might give you an offer to switch to the QS for no AF to keep the account. I would call with the intent to cancel, but make the AF the sole reason and they might give you it.

But you have better cards, so a sticky QS1 isn't anything to cry about closing. Cap1 will be back on your door though if you want to get a better card from them. 

Message 7 of 21
Effielin
New Contributor

I used the link above and successfully upgraded my platinum to QS. I had never tried before, and thought, well, why not? LOL. It worked fine for me. I have had the platinum for a bit over a year, started at $800 or $1000 I think and did credit steps and it went to $1500 and then a few months ago to $4500.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

i used the link and can upgrade to the qs from my journey card but i dont get any of the intro offers like 150 cashback and 0% apr because im not a new customer. does anyone know if i just apply for the card on my own if i'll be able to get the intro offers?

Message 9 of 21
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Yes, applying for a new card you would be eligible for signup bonuses.  In this case, "new customer" means new to the card product rather than the lender.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.