Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapitalOne CLI questions for more than 1 card

tag
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

CapitalOne CLI questions for more than 1 card

I've done a little digging and cannot seem to find the specific answer to this one. I understand that Cap1 has a 6 month CLI gap for approvlas, but is this judged like AMEX does for your account as a whole accross all cards, or is this per card? For example, I am going to be apping for the Savor card here soon. My VentureOne is up for a CLI the end of April. If I app and get approved for Savor, can I request both a CLI for my VentureOne at the end of April, and then another CLI for my new Savor card once it hits 90 days, or once I request one for my VentureOne will that reset the clock for another 6 full months on BOTH cards? As always, thank you guys so much for your time and advice!  

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: CapitalOne CLI questions for more than 1 card

CLI requests with Cap One are 6 month apart per card.
On the existing card, you can ask 6 months from the last one.
On a new card, you can request whenever, it's kinda pointless to do it before at least 90 days from opening.
Message 2 of 6
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you!

TCL $199,800
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remedios is right. Good luck!
Message 4 of 6
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Good luck on your app and CLI request!

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 5 of 6
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@seattletravels wrote:
Good luck on your app and CLI request!

Thank you! I hear they use mortgage scores so I'm waiting until later this month when I'm back to AZEO. I also cycled the whole 5k limit through my Ven1 last month and PIF so I'm hoping that helps my cause as well. I've been prequalified for all cards with them (including Venture) so I should be pretty solid to app.  I was going to garden for another 2 months, but I have a trip coming up and I'll get great use of the card and it will help hit that decent SUB it has. Hopefully the next Cap1 post you see from me will be on the approval boards! 🙂

TCL $199,800
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.