cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapitalOne Product Change (Platinum to Venture?)

tag
lanc
Regular Contributor

Re: CapitalOne Product Change (Platinum to Venture?)

I did a PC through the online chat Friday (It took forever about 30 minutes).  I went from Cap One No Cash Rewards 1% cashback 2% gas/groceries to the Cash Rewards 1% plus 50% bonus.  It's a world mastercard with $5000 from 3/2009.  They changed it without affecting the opening date and no hard pull.  I then told them I know you guys never do credit line increases but can we try for 10k.  Of course it was denied with a letter stating "A credit limit increase on your account is not currently available upon request",  I think Cap1 really has a business strategy of approving people for CLI if they're more risky.  I've heard of people maxing out cards and getting a CLI where I've never carried over 25% and never got a CLI.  Also they approved me for this card in 09 at a 5000 limit with very limited credit history and a 145000 mortgage started in the November before.  Looking back now it was very risky for them to give me a card with 5000 with only about 2-3 months of a new mortgage history.

Message 21 of 27
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Is Capital One finally doing PC??

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

i haven't called in yet this morning for the pc but for the call on whether i could pc or not, i used: 1-800-955-7070

Message 23 of 27
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Hmm.  Food for future thought in my case.

I've got two Cap One Platinum cards...both are still at zero percent...intro offers...maybe when that expires, I'll try to PC...  Smiley Happy

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 24 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

I've got two Cap One Platinum cards...both are still at zero percent...intro offers...maybe when that expires, I'll try to PC...  Smiley Happy

With you having 2 they may do it, how long have you had them and have you ever been late?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 27
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

With you having 2 they may do it, how long have you had them and have you ever been late?

I got one in June of 2011, and the other in September of 11.

...both have high utilization  (because of the zero percent), but NEVER late on either of them. 

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 26 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

I got one in June of 2011, and the other in September of 11.

...both have high utilization  (because of the zero percent), but NEVER late on either of them. 

I would say garden those for a year and get the util. down and say a couple of prayers before hand while watching 30 Rock and the Jimmy Fallon show at the same time and call for the PC!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.