Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapitalOne credit limits combination

tag
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

CapitalOne credit limits combination

Have anyone ever try that before? I just tried but can't because i didn't meet one of their requirements, "one of the card must be 0 balance." I used the card last time for $7. I just paid it off and now waiting for it to be posted. Then i'll try again. Hope it'll work ...

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: CapitalOne credit limits combination

many of us have.    you can search the forum for a huge thread about it.

Message 2 of 6
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

So, as long as i met all those 'requirements,' I should be able to combine right? 

Message 3 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Lots of information on here about that...

Here's the link for the 'big' thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-Card-Consolidation/td-p/4113430

If you don't have time to read the whole thing, just start a few months back and you should be fine.  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@RCFL wrote:

So, as long as i met all those 'requirements,' I should be able to combine right? 

The 'short answer' is yes, but as you'll see there are others who meet all the published requirements but are still unable to combine accounts.

It seems to be a bit YMMV at this point.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 6
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

Alright thank you guys for the help! I made a payment of $6.47 to my QuickSilver card yesterday and it's posted today. I did the combination and the process took about 1 minute. Moved 5k from my QuickSilver to Venture - successfully. Now only 1 CapOne left.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.