Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitalone credit steps CL increase confusion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capitalone credit steps CL increase confusion

Hi

I got couple of capital one cards in Aug 2015. Letters says that I'm enrolled in Credit steps program and if I make 5 on-time payment i will get increase in my 7th billing statement. Inital credit limit on both cards were $600.00

I used both cards regular to max of $550 per month and paid them multiple times in a month  before the due date and every billing statement balance will be $0.00 in order to get more credit increase.

Yesterday I got my 6th billing statement and I seen $500.00 increase on both cards. Today I called backdoor no and verified about credit steps program. They said I made 5 payments on-time and increase will be in next month 7th billing statement.

Will I get one more increase in next billing cycle or whatever I got now is final.

Can someone clarify

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capitalone credit steps CL increase confusion

the CLI you just got is the credit steps CLI that they were referring to.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. But when i called they said it will be in 7th billing statement

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

it is either 6th or 7th not both
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah if you didn't hit the CLI button online to get those increases you see on your statements, that's the Credit Steps Increases. It only happens once usually when your card is in that program. If done right you could have requested a CLI at your 3rd statement then got the Credit Steps auto increase after your 6/7th statement. Would have given you an even higher credit line. 

Message 5 of 8
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@tamaralig wrote:

Yeah if you didn't hit the CLI button online to get those increases you see on your statements, that's the Credit Steps Increases. It only happens once usually when your card is in that program. If done right you could have requested a CLI at your 3rd statement then got the Credit Steps auto increase after your 6/7th statement. Would have given you an even higher credit line. 

If you hit the CLI button at the 3rd month, is it a hard or a soft pull? I will be there real soon, and if it's a soft pull, I will try for it. I have the GM BuyPower card and the Cap1 Platinum....both are on the step program.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

cap1 CLI button is SP
Message 7 of 8
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
cap1 CLI button is SP

Thank you! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.