Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitol One Backdating

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capitol One Backdating

I opened my first Capitol One credit card back in 2008 and canceled it in 2010. I wanted to open a account back up with them. Does anyone know if they backdate or if I would be able to open my old account back up. I wouldn't want to get a new credit card with them if I will have to start over. Thanks for responses! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Capitol One Backdating

@Anonymous wrote:

I opened my first Capitol One credit card back in 2008 and canceled it in 2010. I wanted to open a account back up with them. Does anyone know if they backdate or if I would be able to open my old account back up. I wouldn't want to get a new credit card with them if I will have to start over. Thanks for responses! 

Never heard of anyone doing this other than American Express.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
score_building
Senior Contributor

There is the rare mention that Macy's has done it in the past if not mistaken but doubt they still do, otherwise as PP Amex has the only BD game in town.

An acct closed last yr. would not typically be reopened but couldn't hurt to ask.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 4
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Only American Express does backdating. No other lenders do backdating.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.