cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitol One Executive Office hurt me twice!

tag
newstar87
Established Member

Capitol One Executive Office hurt me twice!

My app for Venture One was turned down during last app spree :http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Approved-for-NFCU-Sig-Barclay-US-Airways-Blue-Sky-AAdva.... I called their executive office and someone manually reviewed it for several days. I called in again and was told that I couldn't get it. I explained I'm interested in getting this card and was so disappointed by the decision. I told them I was treated better by Amex, Chase. The rep still said no. I told them this will be my last app with Capitol One as I was turned down twice. 15 mins later, someone from the office called me again and told me the reasons for the decision such as I have suffiecient credit history (I have only two years) and carry balance. I told them that I became more disappointed as they don't need to tell me the decision twice as I was reading the mail sent from them. I also explained that I don't have late payment and was using 0% transfer balance to reap benefits for my family. The new rep told me I should reapply for a new card and he will use the last score to help me to get a lower tier card. 

Should I take a new inquiry to establish a business with them to eventually get the venture one? Which card should I get in that case assuming my FICO Equifax is 647?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capitol One Executive Office hurt me twice!

@newstar87 wrote:

My app for Venture One was turned down during last app spree :http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Approved-for-NFCU-Sig-Barclay-US-Airways-Blue-Sky-AAdva.... I called their executive office and someone manually reviewed it for several days. I called in again and was told that I couldn't get it. I explained I'm interested in getting this card and was so disappointed by the decision. I told them I was treated better by Amex, Chase. The rep still said no. I told them this will be my last app with Capitol One as I was turned down twice. 15 mins later, someone from the office called me again and told me the reasons for the decision such as I have suffiecient credit history (I have only two years) and carry balance. I told them that I became more disappointed as they don't need to tell me the decision twice as I was reading the mail sent from them. I also explained that I don't have late payment and was using 0% transfer balance to reap benefits for my family. The new rep told me I should reapply for a new card and he will use the last score to help me to get a lower tier card. 

Should I take a new inquiry to establish a business with them to eventually get the venture one? Which card should I get in that case assuming my FICO Equifax is 647?

I personally NEVER would apply for a Capital One card that was not Pre-Qual. to me through there own site... that thing is on the money at giving offers when you have a pretty successful chance (90%) I have applied 3 times over the years (several years back) with no offers and was declined each time... granted I had not settled a past baddie with them but I had seen others get new cards... I settled the old account and less than a month later did the pre-qual again and was matched with a low tier card and applied and boom approved!

I would check it, if you get an offer (Quick Silver) probably these days... take it... then call your "new friend" back and see if they can get the limit up at all and remove AF 'if' the card they offer you has one... then grow with them. no offer online... no app!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.