Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitol One accounts that report

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Capitol One accounts that report

I have no memory of either of these, one has 500 CLI and one almost 800.  It looks like they were CC's.  Cap One pulls my credit at least three times a month for the last years and years.  Reporting positive - look like they were before my 05 BK. 

Why do they soft pull me so often?

Would they re-open these for me?

Why is Cap 1 called Crap 1?  Are they in the dregs w/ FP and OB?

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: Capitol One accounts that report

A lot of people don't like CapOne because they havesub-prime cards and those accounts tend to act a lot like other sub-prime cards. However CapOne offers a full range of cards and the prime ones are similar to other prime cards, or at least close.

CapOne does pull reports from all three CRAs on an application. I have no complaints with CapOne and have two accounts.

One is CapOne Business that was opened with a $20K CL and is still 9.99%. The other is a CapOne Platinum card opened at $18K CL and 7.9%. They both pay 1% rewards, which I can redeem directly into my account.

Message 2 of 3
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Capitol One accounts that report

@Booner72 wrote:

I have no memory of either of these, one has 500 CLI and one almost 800.  It looks like they were CC's.  Cap One pulls my credit at least three times a month for the last years and years.  Reporting positive - look like they were before my 05 BK. 

Why do they soft pull me so often?

Would they re-open these for me?

Why is Cap 1 called Crap 1?  Are they in the dregs w/ FP and OB?

You would have to apply for new credit with Capital One.    Many have gotten credit with them post BK.

Soft pulls are common, Usually, they are looking for people to make offers to. It is not about you specifically.

IMO, FP is far worse than Orchard Bank.  Captial One is better than OB which is buying.  I like Capital One since they offer credit cards for all levels of credit.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.