Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capone Soft/Hardpull question

tag
Powertrip
Valued Member

Re: Capone Soft/Hardpull question

Thank you! Most helpful what should I do advice by far so far!

Message 11 of 19
Powertrip
Valued Member

Immediate response followup: APPROVED for $500 on the QuickSilver!!!

Message 12 of 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Powertrip wrote:

Immediate response followup: APPROVED for $500 on the QuickSilver!!!

Congrats!  I seriously wish I had that card available when I was starting out: it'd actually be an upgrade for me nearly two years into the process from a rewards perspective, and if I weren't trying really hard to stay clean for a mortgage sometime mid-next year, I'd pick one up.  Right now my default spending only gets 1% (well for cash back options at least).

        
Message 13 of 19
Powertrip
Valued Member

Gotcha!  It was really a complete accident that I saw I had a pre-qual.  I expected not to see anything until at least my first billing statement.

Message 14 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Pay those 3 tiny collections you have... they probably will take credit card, they might even settle for 50%... just pay them... unpaid stuff kills you... it's not that your score will jump because you pay it but many creditors just will not lend while you have unpaid and when they are as tiny is that... use your new Quicksilver and pay those.

then GQ your student loan lates and your credit union... i have never had luck but worth a try.

Message 15 of 19
Powertrip
Valued Member

Welp, not sure what happened... Maybe I misunderstood, thinking that dcu would do a secured card without credit check but they ended up doing a hard pull and declining me.  I'm doing no more blind apps.  I'm going to keep checking Chase for pre-qual offers but other than that I'm gardening for six months minimum.  I was kind of bummed about that one but nothing to do about it at this point.

Message 16 of 19
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

That will be a HP for sure
Message 17 of 19
k-s
Regular Contributor

Just a note, CapOne will probably happily product change the account you just opened over the Quicksilver One MasterCard. I've had my Platinum MC for a year and called to request a product change to Quicksilver and they did it immediately. So, I definitely wouldn't waste a HP on that app.
EQ MyFICO: 719 - Discover It TU FICO: 749 - EX 728
Amex PRG: NPSL | Amex Blue Sky: 2k | Amex BCE: 10k | Amex TrueEarnings: 5k | Amex Delta Gold: 2k | Discover It: 4k | SFCU: 13k | Quicksilver: 4k | Venture: 10k | Freedom: 2k | CSP: 7.5k | Amazon Visa: 5k | Citi TYPremier: 6.3k | Best Buy: 4.5k | Macy's Amex: 6k | Nordstrom: 4k | Old Navy Visa: 4k | Target: $1.2k | Angel: 1k
Message 18 of 19
Powertrip
Valued Member

Just got my Platinum card in the mail!  Had it out long enough to activate it then tossed it in the sock drawer.  Will use it later for netflix or something but am waiting to start putting any routine purchases on the QuickSilver.

I had been under the impression after reading on this site that getting a product change to a different card was damn near impossible with Cap1 so that's why I app'd for the QS1.

Also, Doing it this way got me $800 credit line versus the $300 or at best $500 I would have gotten by PCing.  Thanks for the advice though!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.