tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Captial One wants me back?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

When I started my credit rebuild, Capital One was the first bank to give me a chance. Not knowing better, I went with them and accepted a Quicksilver One CC with a $300 SCL which had an AF of $39.

18 months into my rebuild with decent FICOs in the 690s and I attempted to product change to a CC without an AF to no avail. At this point, my CL was $1,300 and I realized I was bucketed and finally, a CSR told me I would never be able to PC to another card. This prompted me to close the card with little regret. The card served its purpose and I was ready to move on.

For the past 5 weeks, I have gotten a "pre-qualified" offer weekly from Capital One for a Platinium CC with no AF. If I make my payments on time for 5 months, I would be considered for a CLI.  The offer does not come with a fixed interest rate or a starting credit limit.

As a myFICOer, I am a little miffed that Capital One is offering me such a low tiered card considering my FICO scores and my thick profile.  Being in the garden until 2021 I have no temptation in pursuing this offer as Captial One is not a card on my wish list.

With having to take a 3CB HP, I suspect a low SCL and I suspect a high-interest rate, what on earth makes Capital One think this offer is attractive to someone with my credit profile?

Easy, you were willing to take 3hps for a card before, why wouldnt you again?Smiley Wink. Capital One knows  its clientele well, why else do people ask " What's in your Wallet?" 😁

I was credit ignorant when I applied for my first Capital One card. I am curious to know how many people who are not active forum members realize when applying for a Capital One card gets 3B pulled. Capital One is not in my wallet,

I've had 5 cards with Capital One and the triple pull doesn't bother me one bit. If it was the same bureau it would be an issue but the limits they trust me with and the fact they trusted me when nobody else would, I don't mind. 

You have awesome CLs for your income.

OP,  Capital One has been very good to me. I got the Savor card w/no AF. I got a nice CL, and my rate has been under 10% for 10 years. I can't say anything bad about them. I have a long history with them. 

I wonder if you can call Cap1 and see if they can approve you for a higher tier card. If you been a good customer, I couldn't see why not. Not sure if they work that way. They were my driver card for a long time, and with my long history with them, they have been good to me. Maybe that's how I got into good graces with them. 

I have no preapproved offers from them. They aren't interested in giving me another card lol. Maybe they figured they gave me enough good stuff already. 

Message 11 of 15
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

When I started my credit rebuild, Capital One was the first bank to give me a chance. Not knowing better, I went with them and accepted a Quicksilver One CC with a $300 SCL which had an AF of $39.

18 months into my rebuild with decent FICOs in the 690s and I attempted to product change to a CC without an AF to no avail. At this point, my CL was $1,300 and I realized I was bucketed and finally, a CSR told me I would never be able to PC to another card. This prompted me to close the card with little regret. The card served its purpose and I was ready to move on.

For the past 5 weeks, I have gotten a "pre-qualified" offer weekly from Capital One for a Platinium CC with no AF. If I make my payments on time for 5 months, I would be considered for a CLI.  The offer does not come with a fixed interest rate or a starting credit limit.

As a myFICOer, I am a little miffed that Capital One is offering me such a low tiered card considering my FICO scores and my thick profile.  Being in the garden until 2021 I have no temptation in pursuing this offer as Captial One is not a card on my wish list.

With having to take a 3CB HP, I suspect a low SCL and I suspect a high-interest rate, what on earth makes Capital One think this offer is attractive to someone with my credit profile?

Easy, you were willing to take 3hps for a card before, why wouldnt you again?Smiley Wink. Capital One knows  its clientele well, why else do people ask " What's in your Wallet?" 😁

I was credit ignorant when I applied for my first Capital One card. I am curious to know how many people who are not active forum members realize when applying for a Capital One card gets 3B pulled. Capital One is not in my wallet,

I've had 5 cards with Capital One and the triple pull doesn't bother me one bit. If it was the same bureau it would be an issue but the limits they trust me with and the fact they trusted me when nobody else would, I don't mind. 

OP,  Capital One has been very good to me. I got the Savor card w/no AF. I got a nice CL, and my rate has been under 10% for 10 years. I can't say anything bad about them. I have a long history with them. 

I wonder if you can call Cap1 and see if they can approve you for a higher tier card. If you been a good customer, I couldn't see why not. Not sure if they work that way. They were my driver card for a long time, and with my long history with them, they have been good to me. Maybe that's how I got into good graces with them. 

I have no preapproved offers from them. They aren't interested in giving me another card lol. Maybe they figured they gave me enough good stuff already. 

I really have no interest in a relationship with Capital One at this time. If you look at my siggy, I am doing well without them. It just tickles me that Capital One keeps tossing me low tier products after I closed my low tier card with them. 

Even if Captial One offered me a pre-approved Venture or Savor card, I would not take it as I am working on cultivating my relationship with Chase and am vested in their rewards ecosystem. 

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Medic981 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

I really have no interest in a relationship with Capital One at this time. If you look at my siggy, I am doing well without them. It just tickles me that Capital One keeps tossing me low tier products after I closed my low tier card with them. 

Even if Captial One offered me a pre-approved Venture or Savor card, I would not take it as I am working on cultivating my relationship with Chase and am vested in their rewards ecosystem. 

Yeah, they are very difficult to deal with right now. CLs are hard to get. If I got low tiered products, I would just pass on Cap1. 

Message 13 of 15
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

Yeah, they are very difficult to deal with right now. CLs are hard to get. If I got low tiered products, I would just pass on Cap1. 

I wonder if Capital One bit off more than they can chew when they took over Walmart's credit card portfolio. Every time I walk into Walmart, there is someone touting Walmart's credit card either from a booth at the entrance or at check out.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 14 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Medic981 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

I wonder if Capital One bit off more than they can chew when they took over Walmart's credit card portfolio. Every time I walk into Walmart, there is someone touting Walmart's credit card either from a booth at the entrance or at check out.

Nothing really new in promoting the product.  They did pretty much the same when SYNCB inherited it from Chase. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.