Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Rental Question with CC?

tag
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

Car Rental Question with CC?

Hi All-

I am renting a SUV today, for one day and I am using one of the cards below.  I have never used anyone of them besides my QS. I won't to avoid getting

their (Enterprise or Alamo's) insurance.   Which card do you recommend I use.   I also have State Farm full coverage as my primary insurance.   Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Car Rental Question with CC?

I'm not sure any of your cards provide primary rental coverage.  I think as long as you use a VISA or Mastercard you should have secondary coverage, but that may only pay in addition to your regular policy.

Message 2 of 19
creditguy
Valued Contributor

You have an Amex PRG correct? That would be the card i would use, Amex has great coverage iMO.
Message 3 of 19
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

@Involver wrote:

I'm not sure any of your cards provide primary rental coverage.  I think as long as you use a VISA or Mastercard you should have secondary coverage, but that may only pay in addition to your regular policy.

Hi Involver-

Thanks for replying.  I apologize.  I am going to use StateFarm as my primary and wanted to know which card offers the best coverage as secondary and better for rewards wise.  Sorry, I wasn't clear. 

Message 4 of 19
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

@creditguy wrote:
You have an Amex PRG correct? That would be the card i would use, Amex has great coverage iMO.

Yes, I haven't used that one yet.   If I use that card, it will be the first lol. 

Message 5 of 19
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Well there's always a first time for everything. The PRG probably will be best for rewards as well.
Message 6 of 19
Involver
Valued Contributor

@Derrick1977 wrote:

@Involver wrote:

Hi Involver-

Thanks for replying.  I apologize.  I am going to use StateFarm as my primary and wanted to know which card offers the best coverage as secondary and better for rewards wise.  Sorry, I wasn't clear. 

All good. Smiley Happy  As others have said, the PRG will be the best card for the rental.

Message 7 of 19
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

@creditguy wrote:
Well there's always a first time for everything. The PRG probably will be best for rewards as well.

I was looking at using the PRG but the only thing that turns me away from them is that it states that it does not cover SUV's or vehicles that cost more than $50K.  

I am needing a SUV and I am not sure any of my cards will cover that as a secondary. 

This policy does not cover some vehicles,  e.g. full-sized sport utility vehicles, trucks, off-road vehicles, cars with an original manufacturer's suggested new retail price of USD $50,000 or more, and exotic cars, as described in the Terms and Conditions.

Message 8 of 19
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Well that could be an obvious issue, so that would limit you to quicksilver which you know the rewards. Not sure about using cap one for secondary coverage though. I would say if you have no worries about State Farm as your primary and only coverage then by all means use the PRG for rewards. If not then use cap one.
Message 9 of 19
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

@creditguy wrote:
Well that could be an obvious issue, so that would limit you to quicksilver which you know the rewards. Not sure about using cap one for secondary coverage though. I would say if you have no worries about State Farm as your primary and only coverage then by all means use the PRG for rewards. If not then use cap one.

Thats what I am thinking.  I hate I need a SUV this time. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.