Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card companies that use Transunion & Experian

tag
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Card companies that use Transunion & Experian

Are there any good card companies that actually pull from TU & EX anymore??
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Re: Card companies that use Transunion & Experian

I live in NY and I know here it seems that Chase, Citibank pull EX.  I also have USAA and the pulled ex for my amex and eq for my world card.  A lot of times it seems that CC companies pull based on geography.

Message 2 of 14
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Bank of America/FIA, PNC, American Express, and First National Bank of Omaha are 100% exclusive with Experian in my experience.

Bank of America/FIA will use Transunion for limit increases, and PNC will use whatever bureau you ask them to. Barclays and General Electric are all Transunion people.

Message 3 of 14
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

You have to be in the 700 area to get approved for these cards? My ex is 676 and my TU says 768 BUT that is from TU website so not sure how much stock I put into that score.
Message 4 of 14
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Lately people with mid to high 600's have been getting approved for American Express. PNC, I am not sure, because there is not much information about them. Bank of America/FIA, Barclays, and General Electric seem to be pretty liberal with approvals and low scores. I have no personal experience with scores that low, so perhaps someone who does will chime in.

Message 5 of 14
aad041109
Established Member

For me, Barclay and GE pulled exclusively on TU and Exp. I got the below website from these forums and I found it to be very helpful...

http://whogavemecredit.com/

Starting Score: 520s (BK7 in 09/08)
Current Score: EQ 676, TU 662 (MyFico Scores)
Goal Score: 700 Club

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge | In the Garden until 10/2013 | Last App in 04/13 (Barclay Card & Cap1 CLI)
Message 6 of 14
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Wonder if it helps if you're in store trying to buy something on the spot?
Message 7 of 14
aad041109
Established Member

@HYPASS33 wrote:
Wonder if it helps if you're in store trying to buy something on the spot?

There are a few posts here where members got a higher limit while in the apple store making a big purchase, but im sure YMMV.

Starting Score: 520s (BK7 in 09/08)
Current Score: EQ 676, TU 662 (MyFico Scores)
Goal Score: 700 Club

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge | In the Garden until 10/2013 | Last App in 04/13 (Barclay Card & Cap1 CLI)
Message 8 of 14
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

I'm from SC and it looks like EQ is the main CRA used around here. I hope if I do go for it, they pull TU or EX. Is Amex kinda easier to get?
Message 9 of 14
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

My experience (live in PA):

Amex: EX

Chase TU

Cap1: all three

PenFed EQ

US Bank: TU

Citi: EQ

YMMV....but I think Amex pulling EX is pretty iron clad....as well as the infamous tri pull from Cap1.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.