cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card reporting frequency, advice needed.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Card reporting frequency, advice needed.

How frequent do you have to let a balance report on a credit card.  I always pif, but I do t want to let me cards appear dormant.  So long as the cards are used and the ccc's know that, is it enough or do you have to let fico see a balance from time to time, if so, how often?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Card reporting frequency, advice needed.

Some let a balance report, to show on their reports. But a lender won't close the account for non use as long as you use it. You don't need to let the balance report for the lender to see that your using it.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Payment amounts are reported to the CRAs on a monthly basis as well so they can see that there is activity but still some scoring models may not pick them up and keep the accounts in active status as such I let a balance report on each of my accounts once every 6 months minimum.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

Payment amounts are reported to the CRAs on a monthly basis as well so they can see that there is activity but still some scoring models may not pick them up and keep the accounts in active status as such I let a balance report on each of my accounts once every 6 months minimum.

Thank you. I remember reading somewhere that fico would consider it dormant at a certain point if no balance reported, I just wasn't sure what it was. At every 6 months, do you find that your scores are unaffected?

Message 4 of 5
Chris679
Established Contributor

FICO does not consider cards dormant, only open or closed.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.