cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cardless brand / fan cards (Manchester, Cavs, Celtics, Marlins, Pelicans)

tag
ccquest
Established Contributor

Cardless brand / fan cards (Manchester, Cavs, Celtics, Marlins, Pelicans)

Came across this on reddit earlier but seems like these could be pretty good for some people! Main site here for Cardless.

Right now, I see four options:

Manchester United

• Doubled points on everything the first year right now up to 100k bonus points, no SUB - below are the standard values
  • 10% of MU stores (does not get doubled)
  • 5x on bars/restaurants on match days (doesn't specify locations, so possibly everywhere, just limited to specific days?)
  • 5x on rideshare and streaming
  • 1x on everything

Cleveland Cavaliers

• Doubled points on everything the first year right now up to 100k bonus points, no SUB - below are the standard values
  • 10% off at Cavs team shop (does not get doubled)
  • 5x on Cavs season tickets and streaming
  • 3x on other Cavs tickets (probably home only, but doesn't clarify), dining, grocery, delivery
  • 1x on everything

Miami Marlins

• 10,000 points and $100 Fanatics gift card for a Marlins jersey with $1k spend in 3 months
  • 5x on purchases at Marlins stadium and Marlins home game tickets
  • 3x on dining, food delivery, gas, drugstores
  • 1x everything

Boston Celtics

• 30,000 point bonus with $2500 spend in 3 months
  • 10% at Celtics shop
  • 7x on Celtics tickets, ridehsare, and streaming
  • 4x on dining
  • 2x on grocery and drug stores
  • 1x everything

Across all the cards, statement credit is 1 cpp, fan gift cards are 1.25 cpp. So 25% boost if you're keeping it within the "team" allegiance which could make it pretty great for big fans but standard point value for everyone else.

Celtics card seems pretty compelling for big rideshare and and maybe even dining spenders, the rest are okay outside of the doubled rewards for the first two years. Marlins one is the most disappointing of the bunch.

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Goos
Regular Contributor

Re: Cardless brand / fan cards (Manchester, Cavs, Celtics, Marlins)

@ccquest wrote:

Came across this on reddit earlier but seems like these could be pretty good for some people! Main site here for Cardless.

Right now, I see four options:

Manchester United

• 10% of MU stores (does not get doubled)
  • 5x on bars/restaurants on match days (doesn't specify locations, so possibly everywhere, just limited to specific days?)
  • 5x on rideshare and streaming
  • 1x on everything

Cleveland Cavaliers

• 10% off at Cavs team shop (does not get doubled)
  • 5x on Cavs season tickets and streaming
  • 3x on other Cavs tickets (probably home only, but doesn't clarify), dining, grocery, delivery
  • 1x on everything

Miami Marlins

• 10,000 points and $100 Fanatics gift card for a Marlins jersey with $1k spend in 3 months
  • 5x on purchases at Marlins stadium and Marlins home game tickets
  • 3x on dining, food delivery, gas, drugstores
  • 1x everything

Boston Celtics

• 30,000 point bonus with $2500 spend in 3 months
  • 10% at Celtics shop
  • 7x on Celtics tickets, ridehsare, and streaming
  • 4x on dining
  • 2x on grocery and drug stores
  • 1x everything

Across all the cards, statement credit is 1 cpp, fan gift cards are 1.25 cpp. So 25% boost if you're keeping it within the "team" allegiance which could make it pretty great for big fans but standard point value for everyone else.

Celtics card seems pretty compelling for big rideshare and and maybe even dining spenders, the rest are okay outside of the doubled rewards for the first two years. Marlins one is the most disappointing of the bunch.

Hello fellow reddit friend . I'm assuming we were on the same thread.  

I have the Cavs card and so far I'm impressed with customer service . They are new company and not everything is worked out but I am intrigued by them . Especially as I think they will add more NBA teams as they have no official card anymore . The fan gift card , is a card to fanatics . They also credit points as transactions post.  The only thing I find weird is they definitely have a card , with no numbers on it like apple . And there is a virtual number you can grab in the app but I can not get it to add to Google pay . Hopefully they fix this later.  Overall I'm happy and we will see where it goes . 

Message 2 of 42
firefox100
Valued Contributor

I would be careful applying for the Cardless creditcard. This card is issued by FEB bank of Omaha which was the same bank that was be hind BlisPay card which was same Idea with virtual card and app. This could go same way that Blispay went if they can't make money in the long run.

Message 3 of 42
Goos
Regular Contributor

What's the worst that happens ? They shut down or change the rewards.  I don't see the big deal . 

@firefox100 wrote:

I would be careful applying for the Cardless creditcard. This card is issued by FEB bank of Omaha which was the same bank that was be hind BlisPay card which was same Idea with virtual card and app. This could go same way that Blispay went if they can't make money in the long run.

Message 4 of 42
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I grabbed this one. The spend is easy to hit and I'll get 300 bones. $8,000 @ 20.99. 
Might end up being in the rotation. Never know

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 5 of 42
Goos
Regular Contributor

The points credit as soon as they post. I am a Cavs fans so I may use the tickets rewards . Only 2000 points which is 20$ . 

Message 6 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Celtics one is the most interesting to me.  7% cash back on rideshares and streaming is really interesting to me.  And 4% cash back on dining matches Altitude Go. I'm really curious what other potential co-brands will offer.  

Message 7 of 42
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I took a quick look at the Celtics card, I could see where they would feature an autographed Cedric Maxwell jersey but I kinda doubt that Leon Powe would be much of a draw oldlol.gif

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 8 of 42
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Bonus was credited quickly. 34,396 pts.

will not let me cash out.

maybe I need a balance to apply it against

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 9 of 42
Goos
Regular Contributor

Or pick a reward . But yeah it is instant  statement credit . So yes you will need a balance.  

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.