cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cardless brand / fan cards (Manchester, Cavs, Celtics, Marlins, Pelicans)

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cardless brand / fan cards (Manchester, Cavs, Celtics, Marlins)

@woodyman100 wrote:

Email references 2 cards. To be eligible for bonus Must have  "No other open cardless accounts"

I read that as 2 cards are possible

Did you ever find out anything about that 2nd application @woodyman100. Still asking for a friend 😆...Different friend, Remi 💀

Message 31 of 42
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I have heard nothing yet. 
that usually doesn't bode well.

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 32 of 42
Goos
Regular Contributor

Sorry I guess I was off on time frame . 3 or 4 months . Way off . I don't keep track of time that well . It just blends together . So that is my fault on not being detailed enough to look . But yes doctor of credit said it should report in August but I have nothing but the credit pull.  Again I'm ok if it never does.  

@FinStar wrote:

@Goos wrote:

Any of you folks figure out how to request a credit limit increase on this card ? Also anyone have it report yet ? I'm like 6 months in and no reporting yet . Which is great but just curious . 

I'm sure you would have to call them for the CLI. I would assume after the card has been opened for 12 months 🤷‍♂️

I'm a bit confused though on the timeline @Goos. Your September post in Approvals indicated you got the card around August/September?  If so, it hasn't been six months yet.  As far as reporting, I was also confused by the comment on this post where August  was referenced:

"It originally did not report until about August  . Then Doctor of credit said it does now but only maybe it does  lol . It has not reported yet for me ."

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Cardless-Cavs-MasterCard/m-p/6425199#M778144

Message 33 of 42
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@woodyman100 wrote:

I have heard nothing yet. 
that usually doesn't bode well.

😬 keep us posted when/if you do.  I'm assuming they HP'd?

Message 34 of 42
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Goos wrote:

Sorry I guess I was off on time frame . 3 or 4 months . Way off . I don't keep track of time that well . It just blends together . So that is my fault on not being detailed enough to look . But yes doctor of credit said it should report in August but I have nothing but the credit pull.  Again I'm ok if it never does.  

@FinStar wrote:

@Goos wrote:

Any of you folks figure out how to request a credit limit increase on this card ? Also anyone have it report yet ? I'm like 6 months in and no reporting yet . Which is great but just curious . 

I'm sure you would have to call them for the CLI. I would assume after the card has been opened for 12 months 🤷‍♂️

I'm a bit confused though on the timeline @Goos. Your September post in Approvals indicated you got the card around August/September?  If so, it hasn't been six months yet.  As far as reporting, I was also confused by the comment on this post where August  was referenced:

"It originally did not report until about August  . Then Doctor of credit said it does now but only maybe it does  lol . It has not reported yet for me ."

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Cardless-Cavs-MasterCard/m-p/6425199#M778144

Thanks for confirming @Goos.  So, if it's been 3 months and no reporting that can be advantageous for some. "Invisible" tradelines can be fun sometimes 😜

Message 35 of 42
Goos
Regular Contributor

I have no issues with it at all . I miss my PayPal credit hidden.  

Message 36 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the Boston Celtics version on 12-29-21 and was approved instantly. 

I've got to say I'm impressed with everything so far.  Cardless provided virtual card number immediately so that I could start using the card right away for online purchases.  On 12-29, I made a $2,501.81 payment for estimated taxes including the fee using the virtual card number.  On 12-31, the points for both the tax payment (2,501) and the SUB (30,000) appeared in the app.  on 12-31, I redeemed the 32,501 points for a $325.01 statement credit (1 point = 1 cent).  The points can be redeemed as soon as the purchases post.  The app shows progress towards the SUB, the statement date, and the due date.

Note that per the T&Cs, "U.S. Dollars for which points are awarded to you will be rounded down to a whole-dollar amount for purposes of determining the number of points to be awarded."

Message 37 of 42
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Cardless NBA-Pelicans MC...4X Restaurants/Gas

The Cardless co-branded NBA cards haven't appealed to me much before, but am now seeing the specific New Orleans Pelicans card looking pretty darn good :

• 30,000 points sub (redeemeable for $300, $2k spend/3mo)
  • 4X Gas
  • 4X Dining (bars, restaurants, select food delivery services)
  • 10% & 4X multipliers for Pelicans fans stuff (concessions, team store, tickets)
  • No AF
  • No FTF
  • No penalty fees

Points redeemable for statement credit at 1 cent/point, or gift cards for Pelicans stuff at 1.25 cents/point

The Pelicans stuff aside, this could be a pretty nice alternative for those looking for a gas and dining combo option. Anyone have experience with this card yet?

Message 38 of 42
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: Cardless NBA-Pelicans MC...4X Restaurants/Gas

Interesting! So after NBA CC got discontinued, teams are doing it themselves!

Nice rewards for that card for sure!

Message 39 of 42
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Re: Cardless NBA-Pelicans MC...4X Restaurants/Gas

I was reading about this yesterday, the guy on reddit says - I have the Cavs version. It's only been around for 6-7 months . The Cavs cars is giving 6% on dining and groceries and 10 on streaming as long as you use the card once a cycle . For a year . Then it drops to 3 % and 5% . Cavs team shop and tickets get a 10% auto statement credit. I had issues with app not opening and they gave me 10000 points for my trouble. 100$ if I take cash 125$ if I take cavs store gift cards.

For me, I would just get the SUB and dip, these are smaller banks in the game. I don't think its sunstainable in the long term.

Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.