Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards That Blacklist

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Cards That Blacklist

Bank of America, chase, citi, American Express and Wells Fargo are known to maintain blacklists. Generally it's easier to get back in with Bank of America, as compared to citi / chase / Amex, but it's not that easy either.

The hardest few probably would be chase / citi / Amex. Then again, it all depends. Some people were able to get back in after 5-8 years, while some are still blacklisted even after 2-3 decades. I suspect it has to do with the amount you burned them for, the type of account, and the date.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 40
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Chase was $81k and I don't remenber AMEX. Was probably at least $40k.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 12 of 40
red259
Super Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

Chase was $81k and I don't remenber AMEX. Was probably at least $40k.

Ugh, I doubt they will forget a hit like that anytime soon.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 13 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA did the same thing to me. I was with MBNA America when the big BK came. They ate $57K and who do you think took them over? BoA. Yes,it has not been pretty.
Message 14 of 40
Networth
Frequent Contributor

My girlfriend used to work for Chase in quiet a few departments starting at collections and ending as a credit analyst. From what she has told Chase will probably never forgive because of the amount you "burned" them on. but as always YMMV, good luck!

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 15 of 40
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I am curious myself about AMEX. I have heard by many that they blacklist, but my situation was a little different. I was AA'd and my account was closed. I paid the balance in full and they never lost a dime. I am hoping to get back in with them at a later date. 

Message 16 of 40
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Networth wrote:

My girlfriend used to work for Chase in quiet a few departments starting at collections and ending as a credit analyst. From what she has told Chase will probably never forgive because of the amount you "burned" them on. but as always YMMV, good luck!

+1. If you burned them for that much, your chances of getting back with Chase and Amex are virtually none.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 17 of 40
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Networth wrote:

+1. If you burned them for that much, your chances of getting back with Chase and Amex are virtually none.

Agreed. I think at best you are looking at a low limit secured... at best. Come to think of it, I can't think of a Chase secured card...

Message 18 of 40
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Networth wrote:

Agreed. I think at best you are looking at a low limit secured... at best. Come to think of it, I can't think of a Chase secured card...

I wouldn't even bother with either Chase or AMEX anymore, or at least not for a very very long time (decades). Your best bet is to focus on other lenders instead.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 19 of 40
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Networth wrote:

I wouldn't even bother with either Chase or AMEX anymore, or at least not for a very very long time (decades). Your best bet is to focus on other lenders instead.

Im thinking a CU is the best way to go. They are more personal and you can build a good relationship with them

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.