Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards That Report After Paying In Full

tag
Thor69
Visitor

Cards That Report After Paying In Full

I know that Chase cards will automatically report to the credit bureaus after paying in full (in the middle of a statement cycle,) but are there any others that do that?  I feel like I remember hearing Amex does this, but I can't remember for sure.  

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
trvlscmmr
Regular Contributor

Re: Cards That Report After Paying In Full

@Thor69 wrote:

I know that Chase cards will automatically report to the credit bureaus after paying in full (in the middle of a statement cycle,) but are there any others that do that?  I feel like I remember hearing Amex does this, but I can't remember for sure.  

All I can confirm is that Amex does NOT report earlier if you pay balance down to zero. At least never been the case for me or player 2

Message 2 of 12
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

@Thor69 From my signature only Chase Bank does that.

Message 3 of 12
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

You can request a mid cycle update from Discover🙂 Chase and Discover are the only two lenders I've known to report once the balance is zero.

Message 4 of 12
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@MySunrise271 wrote:

You can request a mid cycle update from Discover🙂 Chase and Discover are the only two lenders I've known to report once the balance is zero.

Thus. Amex is not one of them.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 12
Danmae777
Regular Contributor

My experience is Chase reports mid cycle after paying balance to zero. 

starting fico 8 score 04/2021-EX-618
current fico 8 score 04/2022 -EX 657
Message 6 of 12
increasingmyfico
Regular Contributor

@Thor69 wrote:

Elan does

Message 7 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@increasingmyfico wrote:

@Thor69 wrote:

Elan does

Not in my experience. Does your ELAN card report mid-cycle @increasingmyfico?

ELAN and US Bank cards typically report after the close of each month. Any of my ELAN cards do not report mid-cycle (like Chase does) when a balance reaches or resets to $0

Message 8 of 12
increasingmyfico
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@increasingmyfico wrote:

@Thor69 wrote:

Elan does

Not in my experience. Does your ELAN card report mid-cycle @increasingmyfico?

ELAN and US Bank cards typically report after the close of each month. Any of my ELAN cards do not report mid-cycle (like Chase does) when a balance reaches or resets to $0

Yes I paid off a few months ago and it refreshed mid cycle. 

Message 9 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Thor69 wrote:

I have never heard of any lender other than Chase that does that.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.