tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Cards You Are Disappointed With?

@myjourney wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

My bubble gum card 

This was the last card on my last spree and it was actually suppose to be the 5th app but I moved it into the 4th slot on app day....

I had reservations about the card but proceeded anyway.

NOTE TO SELF.............Follow your first mind and stick with the plan you setup 3 months in advance of any spreeSmiley Tongue

And the winner is .......The envelope please 

DISCOVER

Who gave me an auto CLI today of $300 Geez thanks and enjoy life in the SD

Hey MJ

At least you got something.... a 300$ CLI would have made me happy after 17K spend in 12 months but nothing at all from Discover not even with HP. So mine will join yours in SD next quarter and stay home for exclusive Shop Discover use if no other card can match the cash back..LOL

OMG 17k and no luv ....Ouch 

They are saving something big for us lg8302ch

Oh yes MJ.....almost  forgot about that...it will arrive after the next quarter Smiley Tongue

Message 31 of 67
Radek7752
Contributor

@Jasir wrote:

Which cards that you were approved for disappointed you (whether because of limitations or not really useful)? And which are your favorite that you own?

I am so far underwhelmed by Discover. I realize that 5% cash back on select categories per quarter will truly limit the use of the card for me since the projected categories for 2014 are not useful to me. Chase Slate comes in second place since it's only good for BTs; Bank of America 123 3rd place (I want to PC to Better Balance card).

That said, my faves are Barclaycard Rewards (most useful cash back structure for me) and Amex (second best cash back).

I am disappointed in the Citi Forward and TYPreferred cards to the point that I don't even use them anymore. TY Points are just too deflated in value. Discover has also been a huge disappointment and I almost never use it either.

Discover seems to be a disappointment to many in this thread.

BoA: Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard
Chase: Sapphire Preferred (WMC)/Freedom/Amazon/Auto Loan (41k)
Citi: Thank You Preferred/Forward/Simplicity
AmEx: Zync/Blue Cash/Starwood Preferred
Discover: IT
GE: JCP/Walmart Discover
Message 32 of 67
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

I must say, my Huntington Voice WMC has not lived up to my expectations. The card itself is nice; I like setting the 3x in categories that aren't covered by my other cards (Rx is super helpful). The problem is dealing with Huntington. Awful customer service online and on the phone. The branch employees are nice, but I'm not going to go to the branch every time I have a question. 

Edit: Also, I just logged in and saw they posted my rewards points...from two statements ago.

Message 33 of 67
H4LO
Established Contributor

My USAA card. Started out with a $300 CL.... They gave me a CLI of $200 with HP Smiley Indifferent

I was furiated.

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 34 of 67
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

NFCU goRewards. Started with only $1000 limit. To me, it's useless after I got my arrival (AF) and CSP. Smiley Indifferent

Message 35 of 67
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

would not say i am disappointed with any of my few cards, actaully more than happy with barclay rewards as i consistently use their rewards boost partners (places i shopped anyways) which most times gives me aroudn 4% cash back

Message 36 of 67
weeehooo
Valued Member

Amex BCE, reward categories do not match other cards i have received later, Sallie Mae, Pen Fed cash rewards.  But i like Amex more then PenFed or Barclays

Citi AAdvantage World Elite 38.5K | OCCU Duck Card 20k | PenFed Cash Rewards 13.5k | Chase Freedom 9k | Citi Dividends 9k | US Bank Club Carlson 9k | Southwest Visa Signature 8.5k | US Bank Cash + 7.5k | Discover it 7.5k | Citi Prestige World Elite 7k | Sallie Mae 6.3k | Chase IHG Rewards 5.6k | Amex Hilton Honors 5.5k

Less then 1% Util, Last baddie off my CR 12/23/13, in the garden until 12/14
Message 37 of 67
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

I am generally happy with my cards, but I have some qualms with a few of them right now.

1. Wal-Mart store card: they will not give me another CLI at the moment from $2k to $5k, even though they upped my Gap card from $1.2k to $5k.

2. AmEx Platinum: They didn't want to credit me for one of my airline fees, so I had to call in and have them fix it. Also, I do not like the extra month of waiting for membership rewards points to post. That is totally unnecessary.

3. AmEx Blue Cash Everyday: They started me out with a measly $1k limit. It will take 6 months to get it to $9k, which still is not as high as some of my other cards.

Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 38 of 67
PhoenixDown
New Contributor

I really like the cards I have now but just to join the fun:

1 - GECRB Banana Republic Card.  While I received a 1k CLI recently, I'm just not that happy with them. I am tempted to close it out but I do shop at BR often enough that I'd want to keep it for the coupons they send me on occasion which are only good w/ the card.

2 - Bank of America Visa: I had this one ages ago. Didnt have much a credit line (2k) but i put a lot of usage through it and made decent payments too. They ended up cancelling it on me during the credit crunch. I haven't forgiven them yet.

Message 39 of 67
enharu
Super Contributor

I'm generally happy with my cards, else I wouldn't have applied for them, except for the GAP card that I applied back when I was in college and got denied for!

Just a few small quirks I suppose:
1. Wells Fargo. Rewards is extremely subpar. And just when you think Citi provides the worst customer service, Wells Fargo somehow manages to proves you wrong. Overall still decent, I suppose, since I rarely call CS.

2. Bloomingdales Amex. Can't they just consolidate into 1 bill.....
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 40 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.