cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards You Just Can't Seem To Obtain!

tag
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Re: Cards You Just Can't Seem To Obtain!

@RockinRay wrote:

@AF_23 wrote:

600 to 4600 ? Did you run a ton of  $$ through it ?

I only use this card for booze at Sam's club!  Smiley Happy Maybe $100 per month - max...

Two steps, first CLI was from $600 to $1600. Next from $1600 to $4600 where it sits today. I do not need this card but I keep it open for the free TU FICO.

I think in three months, I can try for another CLI. Goal is $10k for this card.

Actually, i app'd for the Walmart card twice before and didnt get that one either... i should probably try apping in the store... for some reason i get the feeling that your chances are better if you app in a store as opposed to online or by phone..

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 59
Jlu
Established Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

Goal is $10k for this card.

Why would you ever need a $10k limit on a Walmart card? Sams Club doesn't sell Dom Pérignon AFAIK.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 12 of 59
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@AF_23 wrote:

Why would you ever need a $10k limit on a Walmart card? Sams Club doesn't sell Dom Pérignon AFAIK.

Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 59
flowfaster
Established Contributor

My Wally card is at 10K and the huge CL is just for LOL's.  I got it up to 10k in 1 year.  400-700-1400-2400-5000-10000.  I love GE bank!!!

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 14 of 59
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

My Wally card is at 10K and the huge CL is just for LOL's.  I got it up to 10k in 1 year.  400-700-1400-2400-5000-10000.  I love GE bank!!!

wow

Message 15 of 59
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

So far Ive been lucky.

Apped for Amex Delta in March - Denied

Reapplied 1 week ago today - Approved (already pushed $200 through card Smiley Happy )  2k CL

Walmart (jumped the gun on this one an apped too early in rebuild in June) - Denied

Reapplied 1 week ago today - Approved for Walmart Discover 1.8k CL

The only other card I havent gotten was store credit at Restoration Hardware.  I dont need it but I may reapply for there after I refi just to say I have it.  (They have this ridiculously cool couch I want.)

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 59
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

Just a personal goal to see how high I can get it! Still will only buy booze with it though!  Smiley Very Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 17 of 59
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@AF_23 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@AF_23 wrote:

I only use this card for booze at Sam's club!  Smiley Happy Maybe $100 per month - max...

Two steps, first CLI was from $600 to $1600. Next from $1600 to $4600 where it sits today. I do not need this card but I keep it open for the free TU FICO.

Wow, are they auto CLI or did you also ask/counter offer ? Impressive

I called in at 4 months on each CLI.  I always ask for $10k and let them counter... Maybe next time....  Smiley Tongue

Ray

Message 18 of 59
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@AF_23 wrote:

Actually, i app'd for the Walmart card twice before and didnt get that one either... i should probably try apping in the store... for some reason i get the feeling that your chances are better if you app in a store as opposed to online or by phone..

Yes, this worked for me. When I app'd at the store, they asked me for my dl as well as a credit card that they swiped. Funny, it took like 3 seconds to approve. My "opening" line was $600 and it was the Discover. I thought when the card got here, I might have a little better CL but it was the same.

Funny, the card I gave them to swipe at app time was my Amex BCE, at that time it had a CL of $22,200 and zero balance.  And they gave me $600!  Smiley Mad

Ray

Message 19 of 59
firesoul453
Contributor

I have an amex, chase, citi, and discover. But the US bank visa signature + seems to be impossible to get....

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 20 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.