Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards and services that provide true fico

tag
godsentdeath
Established Member

Cards and services that provide true fico

Hi all. I just learned recently Walmart's TU is actually a fico, not a fako. Are there any other services or cards which provide FICO on a montly basis for experian or equifax? I looked at chase and Citi's monitoring service and they are Fako (experian plus). I am looking at third party monitoring (even for fee) or something that comes with a credit card.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Cards and services that provide true fico

@godsentdeath wrote:

Hi all. I just learned recently Walmart's TU is actually a fico, not a fako. Are there any other services or cards which provide FICO on a montly basis for experian or equifax? I looked at chase and Citi's monitoring service and they are Fako (experian plus). I am looking at third party monitoring (even for fee) or something that comes with a credit card.

DCU checking account offers an EQ FICO when you sign up for 2 of the following: direct deposit and/or loan/credit product and/or electronic statements, and/or you meet a particular age requirement.

PSECU offers an EX FICO, however unless you live, work, or worship in PA or work for the few companies that partner with them, it's very difficult to get into otherwise.

That I know of, no other credit card offers an EQ/EX FICO, unless you are denied or not given the most favorable terms after an app.

Message 2 of 5
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Merrick gives monthly TU08 FICO

SFFCU (San Fran Fire CU) gives quarterly Experian based FICO grade whichever FICO within 20 points. Used to be exact score until Experian nixed that. You cn still call and BS them a little to see.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

But also remember that whatever FICO you get, it may not be the same as that used by the lender.  Currently, the EQ04 score (from here for example) will probably be the one used by a mortgage lender, but almost any other score and any other loan type may vary.   Apart from generational changes (TU98, TU04, TU08 for example) there is also credit card enhanced, auto enhanced etc.

Message 4 of 5
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

But also remember that whatever FICO you get, it may not be the same as that used by the lender.  Currently, the EQ04 score (from here for example) will probably be the one used by a mortgage lender, but almost any other score and any other loan type may vary.   Apart from generational changes (TU98, TU04, TU08 for example) there is also credit card enhanced, auto enhanced etc.

Even worse, most of the larger credit card lenders have customized their scoring engine, but they are based on FICO. Credit card lending is basically the most customized and "non FICO" of the different major lending products.

For mortgages the XX04 model is basically used by everyone.  The main reason for this is that the industry needs the same scoring model so they can do things like package up the mortgages into bonds and sell them.  Mortgages are the least customized and use "vanilla" FICO scoring of all the loan products.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.